The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Oilers

Rate this topic

xereau

52 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

I'd give up 2 first rounders for Miller. Damn he's solid.

nothing game but cause he is in the East I have never really had a good luck at him, but yeah he seems to have all the tools for a complete game.  Looking very good!  Defo a first rounder if this is what is to come.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Caknuckle Puck said:

being in a losing environment is unhealthy for a team, its hard to get out, my lacrosse team has been in this same kinda slump for over 10 years :(

Yakupov

Hall

RNH 

McDavid (by far best player in NHL imo)

Man if the Canucks had their luck and still failed to build a contender Idk what I'd do. I'm praying it keeps up just 2 more years so McDavid gets annoyed and forces his way out, before they hire someone smart :bigblush:

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

:lol: 

I would’ve loved to have seen that goal live but unfortunately had plans tonight and missed the game. Just catching up on the highlights now.

Looks like he had another solid outing. Now up to 1G 1A in 2 preseason games. :) 

His time in the Czech league made him a defensive player, but he has always had the offensive talent to score when he's given the chance. This next 2 years is going to be amazing for our prospects.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Loui looked good, motivated, I think he is staying.

HockeyGaud had a good game too, but he’ll probably be sent down to get more playing time and expand his arsenal .

schaller and leivo were meh for me ship em out if need be to make space

Gaudette is not going anywhere.   Guys who are looking from the outside are Schaller, Goldy, and Motte ( i am a fan of motte).  Gaudette has the grit to his game so he can play down the line up and unlike the other 3 he can score - has a shot.   As you note Loui isn't going anywhere.  

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I think we are, but let's just see how this year pans out

Oh for sure. And yes it’s just preseason. I’m just basing it on lineup top to bottom and more importantly, our cap structure. We are head and shoulders beyond them in that regard. One of the most important parts of a successful rebuild. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, b3. said:

Oilers are going to have brutal goaltending this year.

You can't tell me Mike Smith will be any better.

It is going to be a very hard year for them. The goaltending is worse than when Talbot was a mainstay.  I don't see them coming within 6 points of last year's totals, maybe not even within 10.  Neill, Gagner, Granlund as saviours -- they made no improvements I can see for the forwards, although the young D will be better. 

Over all, though, they are in trouble.  How long before Draisaitl and McD ask for a chance to play somewhere else?  Summer of 2020? TDL 2020? 

Tim Schaller looked noticably faster tonight than what I recalled him being.

Thought Brisebois looked like Alex Edler at the same age, cool and calm demeanor and rock solid.

Thought Gaudette had a good game.  Still some areas to me looks raw still in his game, but happy he got the goal.  hope it sparks some confidence and he can find his offensive game.

• Cheers 2