The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Oilers

Rate this topic

xereau

20 hours ago, gameburn said:

McD, Draisaitl, N-H, Nurse,... maybe Kassian?  Goaltending looks to be just awful.  They may actually count on Gagner and Neill for secondary scoring, to give you an idea of where they are.  This will be a bad bad year for them.  Is anyone going to finish behind them?

One thing I noticed with them and I don't know if it's good or bad is that some of their terrific young D prospects are all being sent to the AHL.  Might be that they are trying to protect them from this year, not sure.  Bouchard is good enough to start imo.

I just noticed that 9 players from the 6-1 loss to the Canucks were cut the next day.

I guess it was a last chance game for all of them and they all failed.

Oh well, looking good for Granny.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, lmm said:

I just noticed that 9 players from the 6-1 loss to the Canucks were cut the next day.

I guess it was a last chance game for all of them and they all failed.

Oh well, looking good for Granny.

I don't know what the status is of Gagner, I don't think he's been cut.  But if the Oilers are going to be relying on Gagner, Neill and Granlund, this is going to be tough year for their fans.  My heart goes out to them.  We had the likes of Vey, Etam, Gagner, Megna, Granlund, etc., and Eriksson too filling our ranks. Placeholders, tryouts and the residue of bad UFA signings: it wasn't nice for us, it won't be nice for them either.