The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 18 players - Sept. 20, 2019

56 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'll be amazed if Domingue makes it through waivers. Edmonton, Calgary and Columbus should all be taking good long looks. 

well , the jackets could really need a guy like louis.

korpisalo didnt proved that he ´s a starter and merzlikins just came over from europe. ha hasnt proved nothing in north america yet.

doesnt means that he´s bad goalie ...but thats a little bit risky for the jackets

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

well , the jackets could really need a guy like louis.

korpisalo didnt proved that he ´s a starter and merzlikins just came over from europe. ha hasnt proved nothing in north america yet.

doesnt means that he´s bad goalie ...but thats a little bit risky for the jackets

Boom, exactly. They're heading into the season with two huge question marks in net. 

3 hours ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Who's Tampa's backup goaltender? I thought Domingue was pretty decent last season. 

I also wondered this but then realised McElhinney had better numbers and Tampa can make any goalie look good.

7 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

Its so nice to actually have some real depth , past few years we all would be yelling to claim anyone with a pulse.

On the flip side, wait til we lose Goldobin or Motte on waivers. Should be fun times around here ^_^

Side note: JD Burke did an interview on 1040 today. I usually listen to 650 but I like the Halford and Brough show. Anyways, JD was being interviewed and he actually didn't sound that douchey. I follow him on twitter and I just expected him to be a huge D bag but he was actually pretty calm and respectful. But he was arguing that Tyler Motte is a below replacement level player that doesn't make our team or 4th line better. He said we got heavily outshot when Motte was on the ice. Without looking at the stats, my memories of Motte last season were pretty positive, ever since the 1st day of camp. Dude works his ass off and has definitely bought into what Travis is selling. His work ethic is top notch and he scored 9 goals last year in his 1st full season in the NHL. He's still only 24 and he should be even better this year. So I'd say that's a bad take from JD. I think Green has a lot of time for a guy like Tyler Motte.

Edited by VIC_CITY