The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many career goals will Boeser end up with as a Canuck

Rate this topic

Trancer

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

Well he’s definitely here for 5 plus his next deal - which will almost certainly be a term deal 7-8 with NTC/NMC in for the UFA years.  So 12-13 years is the most likely scenario...which would bring his average goals per season down to 25ish.  Maybe that’s reasonable considering he won’t play every game,  but he has shown he can hit 30 in around 65-72 the last two years so...maybe this is a little on the low side?

Just shootin' that he's part of a blockbuster trade.

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

60 goals for 12 seasons playing with EP plus the goals he's already scored...

Sounds about right...(insert stupid smiley faced icon)...

Well I’m pretty sure he will score at least an average of 35 over a full season.  Let’s just say both Boeser and EP have a pretty good chance of finishing their careers as the top goal scorers the club has  ever had.  D Sedins record is definitely in jeopardy.   I’d say even overall points are too with EP around! Bold predictions yes - but both these guys have broken out earlier so the path is theirs for the taking.... now what can JB and future GMs do to help them along?  The Sedins were tough to find a third wheel...and so far the team hasn’t had much to offer the new guys much either..

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Well I’m pretty sure he will score at least an average of 35 over a full season.  Let’s just say both Boeser and EP have a pretty good chance of finishing their careers as the top goal scorers the club has  ever had.  D Sedins record is definitely in jeopardy.   I’d say even overall points are too with EP around! Bold predictions yes - but both these guys have broken out earlier so the path is theirs for the taking.... now what can JB and future GMs do to help them along?  The Sedins were tough to find a third wheel...and so far the team hasn’t had much to offer the new guys much either..

Podz or Hogs...or maybe this year's pick if we get lucky...In the meantime, Ferland can pass the puck and should be fun to watch in front of the net...he has a good shot as well...

Should be an entertaining season!

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Podz or Hogs...or maybe this year's pick if we get lucky...In the meantime, Ferland can pass the puck and should be fun to watch in front of the net...he has a good shot as well...

Should be an entertaining season!

Yeah am hoping one of those guys can pick up the slack eventually.  Or we sign someone to do it like Buffalo did with Skinner, Vegas did with Stone, Nashville did with Duchene this year.  They won’t truly peak until someone with a high skill set or at least one that compliments them well joins there line.  It won’t be Goldobin or LE that’s for sure.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, IBatch said:

Scoring is up - quite a bit actually last year an average of 6.1 goals per game were scored the highest since 2005-6, or 13 years.   Sure definitely lower then the peak in the early 80’s where it climbed to just over 8, or when they averaged .33% more scoring compared to last season.   It’s back to where it was pre expansion basically.   Of those guys Howe and Hull managed 700 plus pro goals (Hull 600 in the NHL - the others in the WHA - BUT that league was on par with the NHL for the most part - the teams that came in weren’t great except for EDM but the intramural games showed they were definitely on par) so it’s definitely possible - and Ovi’s now thinking about going after Gretzky’s record age doesn’t seem to affect him so far.   

I agree that BB won’t get 700, as of right now the only guy that might be able to do it is AM IF he can stay healthy.  Maybe Draisaitl if he can keep pumping out 50 goal seasons next to McDavid for the next five years too and beyond.  Laine maybe - but he’s got to prove that last year was a fluke - and that 17 goals in one month was also no fluke.

Not sure where you’re getting your numbers from but according to hockey-references the league average was just over 3 goals a game.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/stats.html

6 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Bout treefiddy 

Dude hasn't even had a 30 goal season and OP throwing 700 goals out there.  Cmon bro.

True but he’s going to score a lot in this league.   When he peaks sometime in the next ten years (or has his best season) it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he scores well over fifty.  He’s the first guy we’ve had since Naslund that could challenge for the rocket richard.  Sure it sounds silly because he hasn’t even scored 30 yet - but I remember his rookie year when he was close to the league leaders before the all-star game.  Then he became the first Canuck to ever become the MVP....as a rookie.  Have little doubt that he’s going to earn a monster contract next time ... the skies the limit with BB adding Miller and even Myers to the PP is going to shake things up...he feasted on it his first year and at some point will do it again.