The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A loss is a loss, but...

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

A spoonful of sugar  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you're gonna lose, you might as well score some mucho goals, eh?

I miss the games in the 80s and 90s where there'd be like 8-7 scores, and tonight's game got me pondering a question. One that I was wondering if I could get the brilliant posters on CDC to answer as well, to see if people agree with me or not. As you know, this is one of the most important things in life, to be on the side that more people agree with! That and popularity, good looks and wealth of course.

So my question to you Canucks fans is this:

If you have to watch the Canucks lose, would you prefer a score of

7-5,

or

2-0?

For me a loss is always just barely more tolerable if the good guys actually snipe a few sick top cheesers on the opposing team's goal guardian.

Is this just me in the minority here, and people don't care what the score is in a losing effort? Or do many of you prefer, like myself, to have a high scoring loss?

Anyway, interested to hear what you all think and here's to hoping there are many more 5+ goal efforts to come from the blue-and-green clad men wearing orcas this year and for all eternity to come!

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 3

My favourite games include goals being scored on both sides - a 5-4 game is about perfect for the optimum entertainment value - one that goes back and forth and we win of course.  It doesn’t completely blow out the goalies either.  Also like me an 11-1 trouncing if CAL every now and then for nostalgic reasons.   Would be fine if it’s EDM too. 

Its definitely nice to see goals being scored in bunches this pre-season and not just EPs line like last year producing.  How many do we have so far?  A lot more then last year.  Glad both Demko and Markstrom have been solid so far too.  And that AG scored a couple yesterday - he keeps it up he just might make us waive someone and I’m fine with that too (someone who will get picked up that is). 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

If you're gonna lose, you might as well score some mucho goals, eh?

I miss the games in the 80s and 90s where there'd be like 8-7 scores, and tonight's game got me pondering a question. One that I was wondering if I could get the brilliant posters on CDC to answer as well, to see if people agree with me or not. As you know, this is one of the most important things in life, to be on the side that more people agree with! That and popularity, good looks and wealth of course.

So my question to you Canucks fans is this:

If you have to watch the Canucks lose, would you prefer a score of

7-5,

or

2-0?

For me a loss is always just barely more tolerable if the good guys actually snipe a few sick top cheesers on the opposing team's goal guardian.

Is this just me in the minority here, and people don't care what the score is in a losing effort? Or do many of you prefer, like myself, to have a high scoring loss?

Anyway, interested to hear what you all think and here's to hoping there are many more 5+ goal efforts to come from the blue-and-green clad men wearing orcas this year and for all eternity to come!

Of coarse we'd all like to see some goals by the Canucks but I didn't participate in this poll because the 2nd question is ridiculous

• Haha 1

A game with goals is going to be more entertaining than one without. I don’t care who scores the Stanley cup winning goal for the Canucks, but if I was a betting man I’d put my money on someone who actually has a contract with the team. Although if the big guy really can be captain and score the winning goal from Russia we should definitely retire his number. 

• Haha 1

Sure, I like goals, but I would say I really prefer a back and forth, competitive game. Plenty of those end up low scoring. Last nights game wasn't particularly good watching. Rather than more goals, I could use some rivalries again, some emotion and anger. Many of the regular season games feel too pedestrian anymore. I do like to see some scoring from the team in a loss though.

21 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

Tryamkin haters:

putin-meme.jpg

Hint:

Hide contents

It's this thing we call a "joke" IRL

Who is the hater?  Unless you actually believe your poll questions to be possible. (Scoring the GWG in the SCF is possible I guess), then you are mocking the big strapping Russian, getting a laugh at his expense. How bout we show him your "poll" when he gets here?  ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kilgore said:

Who is the hater?  Unless you actually believe your poll questions to be possible. (Scoring the GWG in the SCF is possible I guess), then you are mocking the big strapping Russian, getting a laugh at his expense. How bout we show him your "poll" when he gets here?  ;)

Anything is possible my son

Was Tryamkin here for the camp?

What's up with the poll?

He's not here. Move on. Look at this '19~'20 season.

As for the question, I would rather see 2-0.

Rather have a game that potentially have the other team's goalie outplay us than have our goalie give up 7 goals. That is scary.

Edited by LowerMainLander18
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Delusional if you think 

A) Tryamkin is coming back

B ) He would be at all close to nhl game ready, let alone seamlessly  adapt to new systems on the fly. 

C) He ( his wife) even wants to come back. 

Cut bait. Trade his rights for a seventh rounder

Blasphemy