The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 37 players - Sept. 22, 2019

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Name on Stanley Cup - How Many Games?

There is three ways.

One game in the Finals

40 games dressed in the regular season.

Be petitioned by your team to have name on the cup.

Del Zotto must have done a great job at getting his teammates to petition to have his name on the Cup...

He played 42 regular season games last year.  OK, most weren't for St. Louis, but based on the above list, it doesn't look like that's part of the requirement.

Maybe it's like musical chairs.  He was on the right roster when the music stopped.

• Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

For selfish reasons I really hope not. He's arguably the best Comet of all-time and he's right in his prime. The other two (particularly Sautner), would be bad for Utica to lose as well, but I think it's very unlikely they'll be claimed.

of the two I'd hate to lose Sautner. Reid did look a little more mobile this camp, or maybe it was just all the AHL guys he was facing :lol: 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

of the two I'd hate to lose Sautner. Reid did look a little more mobile this camp, or maybe it was just all the AHL guys he was facing :lol: 

Leafs could use Sautner unfortunately.  He's more trustworthy in his own end than any of their pylons not named Muzzin.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Leafs could use Sautner unfortunately.  He's more trustworthy in his own end than any of their pylons not named Muzzin.

Good point King.  I can see the Loser s Leafs being active picking up players off waivers.  They have six to eight good guys, but the rest are just craparolla

Team has a lot of depth on the left side but still really hoping that Sautner clears - he was very solid in his 17 game stint at the end of last season.  With a couple vets on 2 year deals (and Pouliot and Hutton moving on), keeping him, Brisebois and Teves (as well as having Hughes and Juolevi) would be nice (a good measure of youth depth on the left side).

• Upvote 3