The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2019-2020] Canucks Prospects Stat Tracker

Down by the River

• -AJ- pinned this topic
31 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I put this together faster than I would have liked. I've probably missed some people. If I have, let me know. 

Certain late-round picks from 2019 I've excluded because of either lack of interest or because they will play in the USHL this year and stats aren't recorded very regularly. 

Goalies Jake Kielly and Arturs Silovs.

Would Tryamkin still count? I don't think McEneny is in our system anymore.

For forwards, Arvid Costmar, Karel Plasek and maybe Zhukenov. I assume Jack Malone and Aidan MacDonagh are the guys you've mentioned playing in the USHL.

Otherwise, looks like a pretty comprehensive list. Thanks for this!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

For forwards, Arvid Costmar, Karel Plasek and maybe Zhukenov. I assume Jack Malone and Aidan MacDonagh are the guys you've mentioned playing in the USHL.

I agree with the goalies and Tree as players to still track. 

I don't personally have interest in those 3 forwards

Edited by Where's Wellwood

13 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I agree with the goalies and Tree as players to still track. 

I don't personally have interest in those 3 forwards

Zhukenov is a bit of a write off, but I think those other two guys are on the radar to be on their WJ teams. I believe Costmar played with Hoglander in a summer showcase. So for me personally I'd be interested in those two simply to track their progress and whether they may potentially make those teams to get a better look at them on the world stage.

57 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'll add the two goalies and keep my eye on the others. Thanks for catching McEneny, thought I had deleted him.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Goldy is done.  Sorry to say, but I think he’s either traded or he’s waiver fodder. 

if a good trade can be made or we waiver many others before him which will be done as Goldy is young and has value more then waiving him and getting nothing.

That would be like buying a house and then selling it for peanuts , who does that????

15 hours ago, cripplereh said:

if a good trade can be made or we waiver many others before him which will be done as Goldy is young and has value more then waiving him and getting nothing.

That would be like buying a house and then selling it for peanuts , who does that????

Don't want to see Goldy waived and we get nothing, but if he is not good enough (and he's been give ample opportunity) than what's the other choice if there is no trade option?  Maybe the house is full of black mold, and cannot be saved?

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Don't want to see Goldy waived and we get nothing, but if he is not good enough (and he's been give ample opportunity) than what's the other choice if there is no trade option?  Maybe the house is full of black mold, and cannot be saved?

well so far he has been a player that the team wants to keep and his points show he can produce in the NHL

so to me why even suggest getting nothing for him????

a player like him is what vegas took a chance on and look what they did, so seattle if he doesn't turn out here would take him

8 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

well so far he has been a player that the team wants to keep and his points show he can produce in the NHL

so to me why even suggest getting nothing for him????

a player like him is what vegas took a chance on and look what they did, so seattle if he doesn't turn out here would take him

I assume you're referring to William Karlsson. He was actually a good defensive player, so they actually likely had the intention of him being a solid 3rd liner for them. He of course blossomed. Goldobin doesn't have this fall back plan of being a bottom 6 guy if he doesn't grow his game. Highly unlikely that Seattle would take him in a expansion draft at this point.

23 hours ago, cripplereh said:

maybe not but from this team there are only so many, plus a 4th round and goldy which again has happened would work

Vegas took many picks to pick players other teams wanted gone so do not say they wouldn't

If they're going to take someone for potential, they might as well go after someone like Kole Lind. If we make a trade and force them to take a Goldobin, then that's not them taking the chance on Goldobin, that's simply us paying to protect our players. I'll have to see down the road who we may be leaving unprotected, but I think barring an incredible uptick from Goldobin that there will be better options. Demko vs Markstrom being a key one.

On 9/30/2019 at 1:44 AM, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Petrus Palmu is listed on eliteprospects as a Utica Comet this season. Anybody have any info on this, as his name here is on Europe (which is where i thought he would be playing this year)

Hockey DB has him still in Turku