The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Abbotsford Centre Review

Rate this topic

Slickrick2369

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Like what?

let's imagine for a second that your employer was based out of nyc, but they have you stationed in good ol' vernon, bc. you're a pretty important guy, and in your role your employer needs to periodically recall you to home base (or other points on the map) on extremely short notice (hours, not days). unfortunately, that means you have to drive an hour from vernon to kamloops and hop on a regional flight from there to vancouver. at that point you can get on a connecting flight across the continent -- at least after you've gone through customs.

utica -> syracuse -> buffalo -> vancouver/elsewhere

that's what, for one thing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tas said:

let's imagine for a second that your employer was based out of nyc, but they have you stationed in good ol' vernon, bc. you're a pretty important guy, and in your role your employer needs to periodically recall you to home base (or other points on the map) on extremely short notice (hours, not days). unfortunately, that means you have to drive an hour from vernon to kamloops and hop on a regional flight from there to vancouver. at that point you can get on a connecting flight across the continent -- at least after you've gone through customs.

utica -> syracuse -> buffalo -> vancouver/elsewhere

that's what, for one thing.

At least half the time there is need for a call up it's on a road trip. Which Utica and their divisional schedule are usually near a major hub as I've explained numerous times. 

You said there was lots wrong with Utica and came back with one reason which I've already explained is not as big an issue as you think it is. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

It was long rumored that the reason that the Heat flopped in Abbotsford is because they weren't the Comets.

I am pretty sure that the Comets would be able to sell out that arena fairly regularly.

I doubt it, they had a hard time selling out that game, tickets were available one week ago

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

I'm all for keeping the Comets in Utica. The fans there have been great, the kids are far away from the vulturous media of the lower mainland, and they're given way more practice time due to a significantly shorter travel schedule.

Hmmm you make a very good point. Perhaps it's best they stay in Utica.