The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

2 minutes ago, Ceres said:

I think it may be better for his development to get to play top minutes and have a chance to dominate the AHL for a season, rather than playing 4th line minutes in NHL this season. 

I disagree, I think at 22 or 23 he's learned enough at the AHL level.  I'd keep him on wing at least (if the Nucks aren't going to move anyone via trade) and have him play with a Baertschi and hopefully the D can move the puck better than last year(they will) which will improve his offence.  Last year he didn't have much to work with and the team as a whole was crap.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I disagree, I think at 22 or 23 he's learned enough at the AHL level.  I'd keep him on wing at least (if the Nucks aren't going to move anyone via trade) and have him play with a Baertschi and hopefully the D can move the puck better than last year(they will) which will improve his offence.  Last year he didn't have much to work with and the team as a whole was crap.  

He's only played like 20 games in the AHL. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, apollo said:

Edler has 7 points?! 

I can see the headlines already... 

34 year old Eddie The Eagle wins the Norris. 

Take it to the bank. Alex is gonna have a monster year people. If you got a fantasy draft coming up, I'd pick him with your 1st-3rd round pick (depending on your format) 

Go Canucks Go! Long live the Eagle! 

Yeah I noticed that we well.  Could be a Norris trophy candidate this year really...  ^_^

And Gaudette has 5 points.  If he can get another 2 points tonight you cannot keep Gaudette off this team...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

&^@# it. I'll drink some of your Koolaid heading into the season. 

Go, Edler!

Hey it worked for Giordano.

That's in 3 games too.

If he holds that pace Bobby Orr's & Coffey's defenceman records are in trouble ;)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Question for people who attend games on the regular.

Im taking my 6 year old to the game tonight, what time do the doors get opened for people to come in early and watch the warm ups?

Its her Birthday and im hoping she can get a puck 

Thank you,

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Quick6 said:

Question for people who attend games on the regular.

Im taking my 6 year old to the game tonight, what time do the doors get opened for people to come in early and watch the warm ups?

Its her Birthday and im hoping she can get a puck 

Thank you,

I believe doors usually open an hour before puck drop. 

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Jake’s a bust. Green just doesn’t wanna admit it. Trade Jake for two 4th rounders, a 5th rounder, and a 7th rounder. 

Jake is a serviceable bottom six forward; he proved that last season.  He's on a cheap cap too.  Why would we trade that away?

11 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Me too :(

Me too.

Though in Gaudettes case I see it as a win-win. He’s going to gain all kinds of nhl confidence if he goes to Utica and scores at a high rate on a line with Macewen again.

Last year before he was called up the two of them were starting to catch domination style fire.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Ceres said:

I think Gaudette is in Utica no matter what, honestly. I think it may be better for his development to get to play top minutes and have a chance to dominate the AHL for a season, rather than playing 4th line minutes in NHL this season. 

I think so too, but this team is trying to get to the playoffs and they have a loooong history with injuries.  By keeping Gaudette they'd be trying to pass someone through waivers who'd likely get claimed and that would be one less call up in case of injury.  Gaud has earned it, for sure, but sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, apollo said:

Edler has 7 points?! 

I can see the headlines already... 

34 year old Eddie The Eagle wins the Norris. 

Take it to the bank. Alex is gonna have a monster year people. If you got a fantasy draft coming up, I'd pick him with your 1st-3rd round pick (depending on your format) 

Go Canucks Go! Long live the Eagle! 

I actually thought he had a great game in Abbotsford.

He looked like he had lost seven or eight pounds weight and was a step or 2 faster.

Maybe we are going to see the best of Alex Edler this coming season

7 minutes ago, nzan said:

Me too.

Though in Gaudettes case I see it as a win-win. He’s going to gain all kinds of nhl confidence if he goes to Utica and scores at a high rate on a line with Macewen again.

Last year before he was called up the two of them were starting to catch domination style fire.

I'm actually not even so concerned about Gaudette himself but the precedent this sets/the rest of the team.

The guys in the show who are left wondering "wait what Gaudette is gone? He was helping us win games..", and the guys in Utica who may get a bit of a sour taste in their mouth, and left wondering why they should even push themselves next training camp while they are waiver exempt. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think so too, but this team is trying to get to the playoffs and they have a loooong history with injuries.  By keeping Gaudette they'd be trying to pass someone through waivers who'd likely get claimed and that would be one less call up in case of injury.  Gaud has earned it, for sure, but sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture

There is no way we lose either Eriksson or Shaller to waivers so I don't understand your point..