The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Coyotes are all over the Canucks now after those two goals.

Still confident they’ll come back and win but it’s obvious they need to work on some things.

Id rather they have a game like this now to wake them up. No doubt Green will have them working hard on battles over the next week.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Wow. The knee jerk overreactions on here never cease to amaze me. The sky is falling! :lol:

Not falling but I stand behind my comment re: Baumgartner. 
He's had years to prove he can coach a modern NHL defense, and has failed, no matter who's been on the roster. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

Teams set its own schedule for the preseason and it is not a good idea to hold a back to back games for last 2 preseason games and is probably the reason why the bubble guys is still playing.  If you want to test any rookies for a back to back games in preseason, do it in first half of the preseason, not the winding part of the preseason.   There is no reason to hold a back to back games, honestly.  

Well, aren't you just a big mean Gm

I still really quite dislike Green/Baumgartner's passive defense system of collapsing to the center of the ice, and use your stick to either block shots, or interrupt passes. The opposing team has full reign on the outside of that circle, and I find it to be very amateurish, not to mention near stroke inducing.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well if Biega, Chatfield, and Brisebois are all playing during the regular season, it’s probably a write off season.

Not worried about our D. The team is much different with Tanev covering Hughes, and Benn and Stecher on the bottom pair.

Not to mention Horvat, Miller, Pearson, and Sutter shutting things down and winning board battles.

I have some concerns but it's only preseason. Not 100% effort by everyone tonight. Marky and Petey look good though.

• Upvote 1