The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

I'm actually not even so concerned about Gaudette himself but the precedent this sets/the rest of the team.

The guys in the show who are left wondering "wait what Gaudette is gone? He was helping us win games..", and the guys in Utica who may get a bit of a sour taste in their mouth, and left wondering why they should even push themselves next training camp while they are waiver exempt

Exactly

(Maybe Jake thought he was still waiver-exempt)

23 minutes ago, Quick6 said:

Question for people who attend games on the regular.

Im taking my 6 year old to the game tonight, what time do the doors get opened for people to come in early and watch the warm ups?

Its her Birthday and im hoping she can get a puck 

Thank you,

think doors open at 6, also take the sky train drops you right at the stadium

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

where is Gaudette going to play?  Wouldn't you rather see him get huge mins in Utica as a #1 cman?  

I'm not so sure that I would at this point..

He said himself he is gaining a lot of confidence by starting to put up points in the NHL. No matter how many he scores in Utica, it's not the same thing. 

Edited by 'NucK™
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

I'm not so sure that I would at this point..

He said himself he is gaining a lot of confidence by starting to put up points in the NHL. No matter how many he scores in Utica, it's not the same thing. 

where's he going to play?

• Wat 1

Just now, stawns said:

where's he going to play?

A guy answered you right above... 

And I think he can play anywhere. He is at the point now where he is fast, strong, tenacious and can create chances for teammates. To me that sounds like a guy who can play well anywhere in the bottom 6.

Just now, 'NucK™ said:

A guy answered you right above... 

And I think he can play anywhere. He is at the point now where he is fast, strong, tenacious and can create chances for teammates. To me that sounds like a guy who can play well anywhere in the bottom 6.

I'm not arguing that, I've been on the Gaud train since he was drafted.  I'd just rather see im getting huge mins in a top line cman role than stuck in the bottom 6 playing 10-12 mins a night.  There's a very good chance that AG will be moved in the next year or two, as there's no spot for him as a top 6 cman in Vancouver.  If he goes to Utica, and they develop him as a top line cman and he tears the league up, he becomes a very very valuable chip to play.  

He's been excellent in pre-season, no doubt.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm not arguing that, I've been on the Gaud train since he was drafted.  I'd just rather see im getting huge mins in a top line cman role than stuck in the bottom 6 playing 10-12 mins a night.  There's a very good chance that AG will be moved in the next year or two, as there's no spot for him as a top 6 cman in Vancouver.  If he goes to Utica, and they develop him as a top line cman and he tears the league up, he becomes a very very valuable chip to play.  

He's been excellent in pre-season, no doubt.

Well that's where we disagree. I don't see him growing at all in Utica no matter how many minutes he plays or points he puts up. He needs to keep gaining confidence playing in the NHL. . 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Graovac again.... curious. Does he have a shot at 13th F? 

Graovac was one of the hardest working players in the game last night and he did some real good things. I would love for him to be on the 4th line, but sadly, spots aren't earned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Graovac was one of the hardest working players in the game last night and he did some real good things. I would love for him to be on the 4th line, but sadly, spots aren't earned.

If the message is (and has been all summer) that we are fully intent on icing the best team we can in order to compete for a playoff spot, then JB has to follow through with that promise, no?  Gaudette has definitely earned a spot on the team.  And Graovac is darned close too.  This should be a meritocracy, if JB is true to his word, and plan.  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Well that's where we disagree. I don't see him growing at all in Utica no matter how many minutes he plays or points he puts up. He needs to keep gaining confidence playing in the NHL. . 

Absolutely, he's ready. That second goal he set up almost floored me. How deceptive he was faking the shot, and then a quick backhanmder to Baer. It was a beauty. 

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

These 3 have played well together this camp, maybe not all on the same line, but will be interesting to see how this works.

Okay, we now can accept that our team's players might not be chosen on merit.  Loui playing well, seriously?  He's looked weak, slow, and old.  Hello TBay.  Congrats on getting our 2021 lottery pick!  Damn it!  It's hard some days to be positive.  Where in the hell is my bottle??? :picard:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Okay, we now can accept that our team's players might not be chosen on merit.  Loui playing well, seriously?  He's looked weak, slow, and old.  Hello TBay.  Congrats on getting our 2021 lottery pick!  Damn it!  It's hard some days to be positive.  Where in the hell is my bottle??? :picard:

Loui has been better than a lot of guys I had penciled in ahead of him

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

'Earning your spot' isn't done just in preseason games that are the equivalent of shinny hockey.

A guy on the bubble can certainly help his cause with a good preseason but fans are kidding themselves that it's all that matters.

But carry on setting yourself up for disappointment...