The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

Gaudette and MacEwen makes my roster, but i have a feeling Mac will be waived tomorrow which we will regret if we do cause i feel he would get picked up. 

players who goes through without any worry, Schaller, Eriksson, Goldy

MacEwen is such a intriguing player, 6'4 good wheels, physical and has good hands. You dont waive that imo. 

I like Motte as much as the next guy but if i had to choose which one to waive im waiving Motte. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Gaudette and MacEwen makes my roster, but i have a feeling Mac will be waived tomorrow which we will regret if we do cause i feel he would get picked up. 

MacEwen is such a intriguing player, 6'4 good wheels, physical and has good hands. You dont waive that imo. 

I like Motte as much as the next guy but if i had to choose which one to waive im waiving Motte. 

Mac can learn alot going down and I have no issues with that. He will be up at some point.

Gaudette should stay though for sure imo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

My final roster projection now that preseason is over:

Ferland Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Miller

Baertschi Gaudette Sutter

Eriksson Beagle Leivo

Virtanen Goldobin

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stecher

Fantenberg

I like that lineup. I really hope Jake can regain some confidence and put some anger in his game, then take one of the spots on the 4th line. A handful of games in the A might serve him well. 

I think Motte should hang around as the 13th forward though. I love his tenacity. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I don't think MacEwen is waiver eligible. He's a top call up option for me. Gaudette is going to be interesting though. He's the example of having a good camp should earn you a spot, but I could also see a Stecher situation where he's sent down and when an injury arises, he gets called back up. Asset management.

• Upvote 2

Just now, YearoftheNuck said:

I like that lineup. I really hope Jake can regain some confidence and put some anger in his game, then take one of the spots on the 4th line. A handful of games in the A might serve him well. 

I think Motte should hang around as the 13th forward though. I love his tenacity. 

He can't be sent down... some other team would pick him up for sure.

He still has huge potential... and sometimes all it takes is a change of venue to bring that out.

A lot of teams would be willing to risk his salary to give him a try.

He is not yet at the point where Kassian was at his lowest.

59 minutes ago, nuk76 said:

Yeah! Lets trade Jake and sign more shallers, ericksons and overpriced FA. Better yet lets play Jake with a bunch of plumbers who he has to wait for to catch up. I want him to go to another team and turn out like cam neely to show how the canucks are run by a bunch of losers. Face it we're lousy at developing players, we cheap out hiring rookies to run and coach the team. Then we spend all our time complaining and wondering why our team sucks. Canucks are just another team of losers in this town run by owners that don't have a clue. 

And you could do better?

I’ll trust the team of professionals over some clueless troll thank you very much. 

• Cheers 1

This is the time for Benning to finally put up or shut up.  He talks about giving chances to those who deserve it, and making room if necessary ... well, Hockey Gaud and Zack the Mac have arrived, be it on the wing or at centre in Gaudette's case, and room needs to be made.  Really, it has to be something like 

Ferland-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Baer-Sutter-Gaudette

Motte-Beagle-Leivo

Macewen, Virtanen

on opening night for Benning's talk not to have been just hot air.  Loui needs to be told that he has to rediscover his game in Utica, or else, and Goldy and Schaller need to move on as well, with Jake told to room with Bo to learn what it takes to be a real NHL player. 

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Some won't be happy, but Loui's made the roster.

Could be a Stecher situation, waiting for a roster spot to open whether by injury or player movement, then he's first man back up.

could be but I don't believe what Green say about Loui, I think he's sugar coating it to make him feel better, kinda like babying him

Wasn't able to catch the game, but from watching the extended highlights my thoughts are:

- Markstrom looked great, he'll have to be amazing for us to have any chance of playoffs

- Eriksson made critical mistakes, looks like he's barely hanging onto a competent level of play for the NHL (just like last year)

- Gaudette continues to roll. I'd hate to send him down & derail his momentum. He's been good enough to make this team.

Edited by Smashian Kassian