The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

14 minutes ago, brownky said:

I noticed the lack of rhythm too. Not just one guy, but almost everybody. The positional play for most of the game was terrible, it led to a number of really strong chances against and was directly detrimental to offensive flow. I mean it was a good showcase for Markstrom to get some confidence, but our young d-men were looking really young sometimes.

Yeah, that's exactly how it looked and felt. Didn't like how our D set up in our zone. Way too tight and unnecesssrily on our heels. Glad the preseason is over.

I pay a lot of attention to how guys come on and off the ice, and it looked like many were more in their own heads than at ease with each other. The final roster should shake that out.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nuk76 said:

This team is one position away from being as bad as last year. Petey goes down it's over.

Anybody that thinks green is a good coach should sit down.

I am already sitting, but I have been down on the coaching all summer. I kept hearing, "Green always has the team ready to play hard..."

"great systems"

"Best coach for our young team"

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think people are maybe just a little too idealistic on here

If I am Benning, I am hiding assets in the early season, to cover off our own injuries, or wait for other teams to have injuries

I think Gaudette has played great, and I love him, but his faceoffs have been terrible, and for a 3rd line center, that's unacceptable

So, barring injuries, it is Gaudette, Eriksson, Schaller, and Biega that are either waiver exempt, not important, or too costly to be claimed

IMO, injuries will create enough  space for guys like Gaudette, McEwen, and Brsiebois to come up

Be patient, and look at the bigger picture, the players all understand how it works, and the manoeuvring that takes place by management

I believe, Benning will make moves, maybe just not immediately. 

Personally, I am concerned with our assistant coaches, and the schemes they employ, to me they are on the clock, as they were last year

It is my one question about Green, as they are his picks

While I am at it, I have opinions on 3 players, I might as well get out...……...

Virtanen...…..he has too much potential to be moved, and his last year contributions, were decent...…...he is safe for now

Eriksson...…..what he brings to the table is 3rd line stability, nothing more, nothing less...….not my 1st or 2nd choice, but still useable

Hughes...…...I think coaches have asked him to work on his defensive side, which IMO, is why you have not seen QH's best offensive side

Hughes jumped up into the play several times last night and the previous game and got caught.  He has to learn that what he got away with before, will not work in the NHL.  The game is way faster, the players much are bigger, and they are a lot smarter than anywhere else hes played.  Defensively, hes always been a nightmare and its just going to get more difficult for him to keep opposing players at bay in the bigs. He will be a good powerplay player, and he'll fit into our top 4, but Canuck fans need to temper their expectations of him ever being a legit number 1 dman.  

25 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Hughes jumped up into the play several times last night and the previous game and got caught.  He has to learn that what he got away with before, will not work in the NHL.  The game is way faster, the players much are bigger, and they are a lot smarter than anywhere else hes played.  Defensively, hes always been a nightmare and its just going to get more difficult for him to keep opposing players at bay in the bigs. He will be a good powerplay player, and he'll fit into our top 4, but Canuck fans need to temper their expectations of him ever being a legit number 1 dman.  

Either that, or he takes 20 games or so to adjust and then plays like at least a great second pairing D in his first pro season. 

• Upvote 1

Hughes like most canuck players on this forum is overhyped. Yes, he has offensive skills. Only one problem there's two ends to the rink. Forwards in the NHL are bigger so who do you think he can clear in front of the net? You guys better hope he scores alot because he's going to give up alot.

5 minutes ago, nuk76 said:

Hughes like most canuck players on this forum is overhyped. Yes, he has offensive skills. Only one problem there's two ends to the rink. Forwards in the NHL are bigger so who do you think he can clear in front of the net? You guys better hope he scores alot because he's going to give up alot.

And which forum are you from? 

This forum. The overvalue everything canuck forum. The forum that thinks all canucks are stars (except Jake) The forum that thinks hiring rookie GM's and rookie coaches is a good idea. The forum that doesn't understand that every other team in the league thinks were a team of p----ys.

3 hours ago, nuk76 said:

This team is one position away from being as bad as last year. Petey goes down it's over.

Anybody that thinks green is a good coach should sit down.

Dude, you're on the internet, we are all sitting down.

Unless you're like pacing angrily behind your 10 year old newphew getting him to type it out for you. 

But a vast majority just sit.

18 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I thought he was pretty good. Played back-to-back, played a lot of hockey. He gave everything he had, that's for sure. He's had a great camp. Whatever we decide over the next few days, he's had a good camp. I like Adam. I think he's a good young player for us. We've got an important decision to make. He's made it hard on us, that's a good thing. We've got some tough decisions. I don't worry about him too much on the offensive side. It's can he defend down low, can he win a battle in his own end? It's no secret that if he plays on the team it'll be as third or fourth line centerman... He'd get different ice-time than he is in pre-season, and that's part of the decision-making that we'll make in the next few days, what's best for him and what's best for the team. He's had a great camp. Whatever we decide over the next few days, and I'm not saying it one way or the other, he's had a good camp, and I feel like I've said this a lot, but I like Adam. He's a good player, a good young player for us. We've got an important decision to make, and whatever we do we have to make sure that we're thinking about him and our team, and he's made it hard on us. And that's a good thing. Quite honestly, I wish other players made it harder on us as well. We've got some tough decisions to make, and a few days to make them still." - Green on Gaudette

Woulda thought the message had got through, considering how many times it was repeated.

:unsure:

4 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Hughes for president.