The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] - September 29

Podz92

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Hudon would be an interesting pickup. Maybe give him a few day look in practice? I don't see us doing that tho lol.

Sadly as much as I like Hudon as a player he seems to be one of those too good to be an AHLer but not good enough to be a full time NHLer. Hopefully he can get over that hump. 

10 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

People should really let vintage canuck do these threads instead of pulling out their micro machines. 

We all know hes the Monster Truck for real info. 

true he has to work for the canucks to have the info that he gets

3 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I made a status about it, but does anyone think our guys would really be at risk of a claim?

No one is touching Schaller, Goldobin, Eriksson, Biega, etc. That's better, younger, proven options available. 

Goldt would get picked up IMO. 27 points last year, speed and skill.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

What about a Goldobin+ trade for Honka?

Is he an upgrade over Fantenberg and Stecher?

Upgrade?

Debateable. Fantenburg is much, much steadier. Drew into Calgary's post season line up last year.

Illusion of greater potential, one last reclamation project would be Honka. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

Seconded.

Big guy, throws the body, and has put up solid numbers at the AHL level. Hasn't produced offensively in call-ups yet, but has held his own enough to keep getting call-ups.

Honestly, if we picked Greer up and lost Goldobin on waivers, it would be a net gain. Greer is far more suited to to game Green wants to play.

We would be sending Goldy down because we didn't have the roster spot for him. Greer likely doesn't have a spot on our team either, so we would waive him (or have to waive another roster player) and likely Colorado just claims him back and sends him straight to their farm. So we would simply lose Goldy in this scenario. Only way this makes sense is if both guys clear waivers and we make a trade. With that said, we already have Bailey who is similar and IMO a better version in MacEwen.

35 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Goldt would get picked up IMO. 27 points last year, speed and skill.

27 points in 63 games isn't really all that impressive given that he doesn't provide much else to his game and he got a lot of his point in like the first 15 of those games. He's got skill, but didn't see a whole lot of (breakaway) speed in the preseason. Hudon had a 30 point season and I doubt he gets claimed either. If he does get picked up, then good luck to him, but we have guys like Boucher, Perron that are similar and newly developing guys like Lind and Jasek in the system now. It won't be a huge loss.

I just think Goldy is a good guy and I hope he finds the next level whether it's here or not (hopefully here though).

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

F*ck Martel. I believe he was grinning and fist bumping his coach after this too.

Huh, if he had done that during the dynasty days of the Oilers or the Islanders, or the Bob Probert days, Stamkos, who is standing nearby, would have been laying on the ice, and Martel's team would have sent him out of the league for causing that to happen. If indeed this idiot was fist-bumping his coach afterward, those should be signs of the intentionality of the act, and been grounds for suspension of both of them and fining the team.  You can play tough hockey without that kind of crap - enforcers were brought into the game to police weasels - now, no-one polices them - especially not the league. So the concussions and debilitating injuries ending careers just goes on.

5 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I made a status about it, but does anyone think our guys would really be at risk of a claim?

No one is touching Schaller, Goldobin, Eriksson, Biega, etc. That's better, younger, proven options available. 

Maybe these other players aren't being picked up on waivers because teams are licking their chops waiting to pick up Timmy Schaller and Loui E

• Haha 2