The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where y’all from?

Rate this topic

70seven

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

do you know if the old forum is still standing or what it is used for now? use to watch the canucks play there in their whl days.

All those buildings are still there at Renfrew and Hastings, joe. The Agrodome,  the Forum, and the Coliseum. 

Vancouver, though I spent most of childhood growing up in Southern Alberta. I thought I'd be emotional numb to stupidity. I was wrong.

Moved back to the coast because Alberta is a wasteland of dead hopes and suck-ass hockey teams.

16 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Depends on the type of fishing you prefer....I've spent many many many hours fishing and water skiing on Kootenay lake.

I have as well but recently moved a bit further East and spend a lot of time out fishing for Rainbow, Brookies and West Slope Cutthroat.

Spent 40+ years in and around Creston.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Castlegar, Vancouver, Elkford, Victoria, Castlegar, Victoria, Kemptville (moved back East so my wife has a turn living close to her family although she grew up in Vancouver).   Also spent all my summers in the Kootenays and interior growing up - and still come back every now and then to holiday there where a lot of family lives (and the Island once a year or so).   Went to the same school as TG when he moved for hockey...he was quite something - that mullet and acne, one funny looking dude.

Miss the ferry trips to watch games - that said going to MTL to see them is something I circle the calendar for, and Utica in Laval or Belleville or a three hour drive to see in Utica isn’t hard from here.  

OTT actually has better site lines then both Vancouver and MTL so those games are fun too (although we haven’t been beating them as often as we did when I first moved).    Don’t miss the rain.  But I won’t miss the snow or bugs in the summer if I ever move back either ha ha.   Also miss the games starting at 7-7:30....

Hey did you ever hike up to those hilltop mines when you were in castlegar? Drove through there once and thought they were pretty cool! (Was coming back from snowboarding revelstoke at 6am so wasn't in any shape to stop or hike lol)

21 hours ago, Deemusalami said:

Born in Fernie. Live in Lethbridge. 

I lived in Lethbridge from grade 3 to 7 and we always used to drive to Fernie to ski. Used to snow bad at least once a winter causing the schools to close for a couple of days until the chinook blew into town and melted everything. Saw Brian Trottier play for the Broncos quite a few times. Ahh memories!

1 hour ago, Fan since 82 said:

I lived in Lethbridge from grade 3 to 7 and we always used to drive to Fernie to ski. Used to snow bad at least once a winter causing the schools to close for a couple of days until the chinook blew into town and melted everything. Saw Brian Trottier play for the Broncos quite a few times. Ahh memories!

brian’s great, great grandfather is my great, great, great grandfather. another metis boy. 

• Upvote 1