The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] [Discussion] Is Josh Leivo a tradeable asset?

On 9/30/2019 at 2:15 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Yes, but I can't see them trading him with Baertschi and Goldobin no longer on the team. They'll need him.

But they are on the team - just playing in the minors.   If we don’t have a good start eventually TG will shake things up, Bear and Goldobin could replace two or threes of Leivo, Schaller or LE.  None of these guys have much if any trade value - so it’s best we keep them and hope at least two of these guys do something.  Nice that this years call-ups are last years first and second liners. 

21 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Why? 

You just don't stop with your silly trades.  Has anything even close to ANYTHING you have ever suggested happen? I am seriously curious.

I get this is where proposals happen, but you post so many crazy ones that it becomes white noise.  :blush:

In all fairness summers can be pretty slow on the CDC and seeing any sort of new proposal makes things lighter.  And often it leads to some interesting dialogue at least even if the OP is a bit “crazy”.   This one isn’t really that bad - he’s just curious as to where we’d rank Leivo - is he worth a pick at this point, or would he make it through waivers.   Right now yes he would almost certainly.    In a month probably not.  TG has a couple weeks at most to fiddle with his lineup and wouldn’t be at all surprised to see other guys waived and Bear and or Goldobin brought back if thing aren’t working out.  Leivo is getting the full Goldobin treatment so far, if he doesn’t produce he won’t keep his spot, and if he’s worth a pick then maybe that’s what management does.   Not a crazy topic this time anyways...

On 10/3/2019 at 9:56 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

Why? 

You just don't stop with your silly trades.  Has anything even close to ANYTHING you have ever suggested happen? I am seriously curious.

I get this is where proposals happen, but you post so many crazy ones that it becomes white noise.  :blush:

Common sense dictates that if you consistently don’t like the threads that a specific poster is creating, you don’t click on it or comment on it.   Or, you put that poster on ignore.    Grab a brain, get a clue.

• Cheers 2

I think the topic of who's available for trade, for the most part, is on hold for now.

The season's just begun. Who truly earns a long term spot is still yet to be determined.

Like many Canucks, Leivo has shown promise but now needs to really cement his spot here through consistent play and skill improvement.

Whether or not Leivo stays is up to him and judgement should be reserved for, at least, the tdl.

10 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Common sense dictates that if you consistently don’t like the threads that a specific poster is creating, you don’t click on it or comment on it.   Or, you put that poster on ignore.    Grab a brain, get a clue.

Hindustan just ignore it.   I like your threads simply because anyone that has the balls to get through the sludge of negativity that often comes with the idea and keep going is ok in my books.  It’s also why I didn’t mind the Gaurdian and a few years ago that Horvat(handle) fan that was posting something daily - like BBoester has done lately.  Not that I’m comparing your input to these guys -because it’s definitely not like it -  just appreciate it.   

As far as Leivo goes he has some value, exactly what it’s hard to pin down at this point.   But he’s definitely in TG good graces, he passes on a lot of other players (LE, JV in particular) and gives him some pretty juicy assignments.  If he comes through as a result - he just might get 40 points and all of a sudden be somebody.   I’d say he certainly should - he’s like the Megna of the current team... so far the results haven’t been spectacular, but the potential is there.

• Cheers 1

On 10/4/2019 at 8:46 AM, Hindustan Smyl said:

Common sense... Hindustan, it's the CDC bro, what do you expect?  

We all get that way...  I look at those moments as my cue to take a break.  Can't fix the cdc, that's part of its entertainment value.  

• Upvote 1

Leivo has a lot of intangibles to his game and i think it caused beartschi to be waived in the end...

Leivo can play a 200ft game with decent speed and has higher level stick handling that most of our bottom 6.

That goal he scored last night was a good example of his abilities chipping that puck in on the backhand while driving the next with speed. Doubt anyone else on the bottom 6 could have gotten to that puck let alone score.

I think the canucks brass sees his usefulness

On 10/4/2019 at 4:46 AM, Hindustan Smyl said:

Didn't you get run outta hf boards because of the volume of weird trade proposals you always posted there?

12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Didn't you get run outta hf boards because of the volume of weird trade proposals you always posted there?

I didn’t get run out of HF.   I simply decided to stop posting there (despite being a member of the community for five years), because I came to the realization that most Canuck fans over there aren’t going to change.

1)  They have an illogical hatred of Benning and most can’t praise Benning for even one good thing (although it is cute to watch them deflect to Brackett whenever something positive does happen with Vancouver).

2) If most “Canucks fans” on there are being completely honest with themselves, they aren’t really Canucks fans.  They are advanced analytics fans and live and die by them.   

That’s not to say that I don’t have close connections and friendships with many posters there.   I do.   It’s just that from a hockey standpoint, I don’t see “eye to eye” with many posters on there and I don’t see that changing.    For the life of me, I will never understand how a “fanbase” can cheer against ones own team so that a (good) GM can lose his livelihood while we *possibly* increase our draft odds and prospect pool.

As far as your post goes, the problem with your post is that you’re assuming that I automatically believe everything I say, or think that what I say is likely to happen.    I don’t.   More times than not, I often create threads to facilitate discussion and/or play devil’s advocate.   I feel like I have also explained this before.

The point remains though.   If you don’t like what someone is posting, ignore it.  Or, put that poster on ignore.    Seems like the logical thing to do.