The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] September 30th - 39 players (Baertschi, Goldobin, Biega)

Ossi Vaananen

1 minute ago, DeltaSwede said:

This is really surprising to me but I thought it would hit harder than it actually does. I never really chalked this up as an option but it does make sense. 

Hope he goes unclaimed. 

For his career hope he gets claimed.  He's gone through enough last year to not have to end up in the AHL.

2 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Was actually pretty excited for this year. The waiving of Sven is pretty disappointing. The additions of Ferland and Miller was supposed to have a trickle down effect to the third and fourth lines and what they would look like. 

Those two lines look no better than last season. Brutal. 

I have been a Benning fan but this is poor management. The fact the LE is still on this team is just brutal. 

I figured Baer might be on his way out at some point, but not this way.  What a slap in the face

• Upvote 3

OK this makes no sense unless they don't want to take a chance on his concussion history and pass the risk to another team.

He easily fits into the top 6-9 and a great option for one of our PP's. Benning even said " we have 3 line that can score" . we don't if he gets claimed or sent through

He's also a pretty responsible 200' player so his injury history has to be the kicker here.

Hope this is just fake news,  as Schaller or goldy or both should go before Baer.

3 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Was actually pretty excited for this year. The waiving of Sven is pretty disappointing. The additions of Ferland and Miller was supposed to have a trickle down effect to the third and fourth lines and what they would look like. 

Those two lines look no better than last season. Brutal. 

I have been a Benning fan but this is poor management. The fact the LE is still on this team is just brutal. 

But does Baer do the little things that matter.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

This is absolute gold.

Age-gap plan has been defended because just one out of all them "worked out" in Baertschi and now he's potentially gone for nothing before the Canucks even enter their window.

Constantly being told that the bad veteran contracts don't matter and room will be made for the kids yet we're forced to watch a couple of human slugs like Eriksson and Schaller stay on the roster lol, not to mention Sutter still being in Gaudette's way.

Best case scenario here is that no team wants to take on Bae's full cap-hit (which is probably why they couldn't find a trade for him) and he stays in the AHL until we can find a way to move someone on the main roster (or wait for the inevitable injuries).

• Upvote 1

I wonder how the optimists are going to defend this one. Its brutal asset and cap management. 

It sucks. This team won't make the playoffs this year. They will never win a cup with Benning at the helm. So many braindead decisions. 

SHALLER!!! HE CANT SCORE AND HE ISNT EVEN GOOD DEFENSIVELY OR ON THE PK

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1