The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] September 30th - 39 players (Baertschi, Goldobin, Biega)

Ossi Vaananen

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

How do you ever manage to have an adult conversation if you think that everyone who disagrees with you is a troll lol?

By putting people on "Ignore" you do not reject adult conversations.

These are opportunities to rid your time on CDC of posters you do not like.

Personally, I do not like childish, repetitious, obnoxious, ignorant (pun), et cetera posters (and trolls) filling up my reading list.

You of course, are welcome to read all this 'adult conversation' and respond to it.

In fact, that is one of the reasons I have you on "Ignore", so I don't have to read you quoting and responding to them.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess it depends on how a team clears cap space. Theres 1 st rounder to clear Mareau type option. If Jim really needed to move Sven's salary waivers isn't a bad way to do it, in comparison. 

I am very suspicious of todays rumours tho. 

It's a slap in the face to a very classy, well respected player, imo.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess it depends on how a team clears cap space. Theres 1 st rounder to clear Mareau type option. If Jim really needed to move Sven's salary waivers isn't a bad way to do it, in comparison. 

I am very suspicious of todays rumours tho. 

I guess it ain't rumors anymore.

Not sure I agree with this. Eriksson & Schaller should be gone long before Baertshi is.

I'm not a huge fan of seeing Goldy dropped either, but if he passes through, at least he'll get a chance to look good for a possible call up.

• Cheers 1

Schaller had a genuinely OK preseason and looked good next to Beagle. Waiving Goldobin for Schaller is a good move unless you plan on using Goldobin with Pete, which Green won't do for some reason.

But, Eriksson couldn't make or take a pass every game he played. He's getting worse every day. Him over Baertschi is just mind blowing.

And, Biega outplayed both Benn and Fantenberg. But, this management has continuously undervalued Biega for years.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

I guess the Baertschi thing is strategic.

He may be the only expendable piece that “could” actually get claimed to create cap space.

That space is useful to make sure we don’t use our ELC bonus cushion and push it into next year... and it also gives us some maneuvering space if we want to adjust the roster a little with trades.

• Upvote 1