Sign in to follow this  
Ossi Vaananen

[Waivers] September 30th - 39 players (Baertschi, Goldobin, Biega)

Recommended Posts

Just now, Bure_Pavel said:

Utica is stacked to the brim now!

I think Utica will have to lose some vets, so I am not sure if a trade is in the works or possibly loaning players to other teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Thank freakin' goodness. Now I hope Sven somehow takes this in stride and kills it in Utica to earn a call-up. Last time Baer was in the AHL was 2014-15 and he had 15 points in 15 games for the Comets. Hoping he can at least match that now.

I don't think that's unreasonable at all. I would say the Baertschi that's heading to Utica is a better player than he was in 2014-15. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aladeen said:

I think Utica will have to lose some vets, so I am not sure if a trade is in the works or possibly loaning players to other teams. 

I could live without Banks and Hamilton even though they have been good soldiers over the years. Gotta do whats best for the big club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blown away the Oilers didnt put a claim in on any if the young guys in waivers.  They have no wing depth but let guys like Sven/Sprong/Ho-Sang pass them by.  

 

Also must feel good to be Comrie.  Go from expecting to spend the winter in Winterpeg to now going to spend it in Arizona.

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I don't think that's unreasonable at all. I would say the Baertschi that's heading to Utica is a better player than he was in 2014-15. 

He has definitely taken some big steps forward since then. Took a step back though last year with a nasty concussion. I think he will shown pretty quickly he is to good for the AHL he had some nice moves last year on NHLers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Blown away the Oilers didnt put a claim in on any if the young guys in waivers.  They have no wing depth but let guys like Sven/Sprong/Ho-Sang pass them by.  

 

Also must feel good to be Comrie.  Go from expecting to spend the winter in Winterpeg to not going to spend it in Arizona.

EDM not putting in a claim on Sprong seems like a miss to me. But good, I hate them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Blown away the Oilers didnt put a claim in on any if the young guys in waivers.  They have no wing depth but let guys like Sven/Sprong/Ho-Sang pass them by.  

 

Also must feel good to be Comrie.  Go from expecting to spend the winter in Winterpeg to not going to spend it in Arizona.

I was thinking the same thing , then i heard some talking head on the radio say that the coil have very little cap to work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He has definitely taken some big steps forward since then. Took a step back though last year with a nasty concussion. I think he will shown pretty quickly he is to good for the AHL he had some nice moves last year on NHLers.

Totally. One Canucks forward goes down and he's right back in the show. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darius said:

I was thinking the same thing , then i heard some talking head on the radio say that the coil have very little cap to work with.

Couple of those guys are making close to league minimum though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm expecting no moves, I mean what will change? JB couldn't make any trades with our bubble guys and I don't see why they'd get more attractive now. I suppose maybe Goldy but I don't see Baer going anywhere. I'm a little surprised ANA didn't take a chance on him but it is what it is. 

Oh, I'm not talking about them.

 

We still don't have room for Adam 'Earned it' Gaudette given he was a spare along with Eriksson yesterday. And that's before Roussel comes back. I'm not sure there's room on this team for all three of Virtanen, Leivo and Gaudette long term...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darius said:

I was thinking the same thing , then i heard some talking head on the radio say that the coil have very little cap to work with.

They are also at 48 contracts.  Might prefer a trade to move a contract out and not just add one.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Blown away the Oilers didnt put a claim in on any if the young guys in waivers.  They have no wing depth but let guys like Sven/Sprong/Ho-Sang pass them by.  

 

Also must feel good to be Comrie.  Go from expecting to spend the winter in Winterpeg to not going to spend it in Arizona.

 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

EDM not putting in a claim on Sprong seems like a miss to me. But good, I hate them. 

 

3 minutes ago, mll said:

They are also at 48 contracts.  Might prefer a trade to move a contract out and not just add one.

 

Yup, I could see EDM moving one of their borderline AHL'ers that require waivers for some of the guys who've now cleared.

 

I'd imagine we're looking at a similar tactic vs simply picking someone up off waivers (if at all). We'd WANT to send back cap and a contract slot.

Edited by aGENT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I don't think that's unreasonable at all. I would say the Baertschi that's heading to Utica is a better player than he was in 2014-15. 

Less reckless though.  He had at least 3 concussions in Vancouver since.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

What. after all that. :lol: I guess our shiny toys only seem cool to us.

 

just like every single year when people freak out about waivers. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

28 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

It's so great to see fans that wait to see the outcome of moves before reacting immediately and irrationally to them.  

Pretty sure most people didn't like the move because they believed Bae was a better option on our NHL roster than some of the guys we kept ahead of him.

 

I don't think there was ever a huge chance of Bae getting claimed because Benning wasn't able to trade him for nothing. If a team was really interested in him for free, they would have traded for him instead of risking someone else grabbing him off waivers.

 

I imagine he's back with the big Club soon, especially once the inevitable injuries hit.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

But...asset management 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

 

Pretty sure most people didn't like the move because they believed Bae was a better option on our NHL roster than some of the guys we kept ahead of him.

 

I don't think there was ever a huge chance of Bae getting claimed because Benning wasn't able to trade him for nothing. If a team was really interested in him for free, they would have traded for him instead of risking someone else grabbing him off waivers.

I understand why people didn't like the move, there are 50+ pages saying just that for me to filtre through if I ever forget the reason :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.