The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] September 30th - 39 players (Baertschi, Goldobin, Biega)

Ossi Vaananen

13 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

He'd be called up faster than you could imagine.

well... hopefully not to come up to take Gaudette's spot!! I still don't get why we couldn't move Pearson down to third line with his size and power... and why we must hold on to both Motte and Schaller! hmmm...

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

well... hopefully not to come up to take Gaudette's spot!! I still don't get why we couldn't move Pearson down to third line with his size and power... and why we must hold on to both Motte and Schaller! hmmm...

Don't worry, with this team's bad luck with injuries, soon we will be short of players. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Teams try and avoid LTIR because it limits the cap space they can bank.  It creates bonus overages and limits who can be recalled.  Under LTIR the performance bonus of the recalled player also has to be covered.  It creates issues to recall prospects like Juolevi who have performance bonuses.  

But in the meantime, we will be fine. Juolevi is a long ways away from being recalled and we will make space then if needed.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think they trade him before they sit him.

13th F Virtanen starts steadily decreasing his trade value. But yes, that boy better get his sizable rear in gear with Gaudette pushing for a spot, and Leivo soon to be competition with Roussel returning.

Adapt or die Jake. 

SO disappointing that after a clear directive from Green on what he needed to do this past summer, he shows up unprepared for the pre season.  He has some great tools but time is running out on his starting to show the ability to use them consistently and to show the maturity of being a professional. 

• Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Or Gaudette's....

its easy to oversimplify someones life, but I do have to wonder if its just too comfortable for Jake here? Maybe Bertuzzi doesn't become Bertuzzi if he's never traded. 

• Cheers 3

Gotta say - it's really quite remarkable the depth they've managed under the cap, particularly with the bullshizz Luongo penalty thrown into the mix (and LE seriously underperforming) - to be able to add Miller, Myers, Ferland, Benn and eat the Luo re-crap is pretty surprising.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

But in the meantime, we will be fine. Juolevi is a long ways away from being recalled and we will make space then if needed.

First he needs to get back up to speed and get his legs under him in Utica. After that, he likely will only be recalled later this year and after a potential Tanev trade...at which point we'll have loads of cap space having cleared Tanev's $4+m.

All the Pollyannas around here need to calm down and just let the team handle this. They've got this :lol: 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

SO disappointing that after a clear directive from Green on what he needed to do this past summer, he shows up unprepared for the pre season.  He has some great tools but time is running out on his starting to show the ability to use them consistently and to show the maturity of being a professional. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its easy to oversimplify someones life, but I do have to wonder if its just too comfortable for Jake here? Maybe Bertuzzi doesn't become Bertuzzi if he's never traded. 

Yup. Put up or shut up time.

Competition's coming...some of it's already here. If he doesn't feel their hot breath breathing down his neck...

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Gotta say - it's really quite remarkable the depth they've managed under the cap, particularly with the bullshizz Luongo penalty thrown into the mix (and LE seriously underperforming) - to be able to add Miller, Myers, Ferland, Benn and eat the Luo re-crap is pretty surprising.

it did take trading a 1st round pick, but looking at the resiliency built in to the team now it has a good chance of paying off. I also expect this team to be tough to play against and have a PP that teams actually have to worry about. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

He'd be called up faster than you could imagine.

They don't have the cap space to recall him - they only have about 170K.   Guess they could use LTIR on Roussel but that's not ideal.  

20 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Motte is a keeper,.

Schaller is a placeholder.

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Disagree all you want and as disappointing as his offence has been he is a legit NHL player. Don't confuse overpaid with not an NHLer. 

Agreed.

If people stop worrying about his contract or his offensive output, Louie is still a useful NHL player.

He was brought in and paid to score goals.  He has obviously failed miserably in this area but he still brings a lot to this team that others cannot.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Disagree all you want and as disappointing as his offence has been he is a legit NHL player. Don't confuse overpaid with not an NHLer. 

I’m not. I don’t think the little things he does right make up for his effort level. The league is changing and going younger and faster. Not sure how much longer we can still call him an NHLer for. 

• Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

The question becomes do they make a trade or does someone like Eriksson get waived for Jake in the press box?

For me that's a no-brainer - you waive LE.  Or you deal them both to Deadmonton for Puljujaarvi.

I'd hate to deal Virtanen at this point, but if it translated into moving LE's cap and getting a project that the Coil have failed, perhaps.

To Coilerland: JV, LE

To Van:  JP, Sam Gagner lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Oh, I'm not talking about them.

We still don't have room for Adam 'Earned it' Gaudette given he was a spare along with Eriksson yesterday. And that's before Roussel comes back. I'm not sure there's room on this team for all three of Virtanen, Leivo and Gaudette long term...

I dunno. I kind of think Sutter gets bumped to the wing again. Still feels like Sutter gets traded out sometime soon here. He doesn't seem to fit and that may be why Baertschi got waived in the first place too. With how injury prone he is, teams could want to see him into some games before they make a move for him. Gaudette earned 3rd line center duties, IMO.