Sign in to follow this  
cuporbust

Canucks to announce captain at home opener (Oct.9,2019)

Rate this topic

Hey guys . Looks like the wait is over 

20191001_133557.jpg

Edited by cuporbust
  • Like 3
  • Hydration 1

On most teams you’d think Pettersson would be the easy decision. I honestly have no idea if it’s going to Petty, Bo, Edler..? Guess we’ll find out. 

• Confused 7

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Petey would make a good Captain.  However, Bo is more Captain material.  

I don’t disagree. It’s just been the trend to make the generational talent the C young. We’ll see!

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Why does this have to be a big presentation?  If you got a captain name him now, put the C on his jersey for the first game of the year then you can do your over the top celebration on the home opener.

That's a Canadian market for you. It must be a spectacle, because the fans demand it, and the media hype it up.

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Why does this have to be a big presentation?  If you got a captain name him now, put the C on his jersey for the first game of the year then you can do your over the top celebration on the home opener.

This

please no spectacles!

• Upvote 1

Bo would be the better choice over Petey simply because it would make most sense to let EP40 focus on what he does better than anyone else (drive the offence).

• Upvote 2

Petey neither wants nor needs the pressure and distraction of wearing the C.

It has to be Bo. He wants it. He's been campaigning for it since before Hank left (in a good way.) He's done everything the team has asked him to. He's always there to talk to the media. He's been clear about wanting it. He's the obvious and right choice and I think the guys will happily support his captaincy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, poetica said:

Petey neither wants nor needs the pressure and distraction of wearing the C.

It has to be Bo. He wants it. He's been campaigning for it since before Hank left (in a good way.) He's done everything the team has asked him to. He's always there to talk to the media. He's been clear about wanting it. He's the obvious and right choice and I think the guys will happily support his captaincy.

It feels like an irresponsible thing to say he doesn’t want the C. I think most players dream of the opportunity. Whether he’s the best candidate or not is debatable though. 

This is getting old. Everyone knows it's Bo. 50 anniversary, Sedin number retirement . Henrik giving Bo the C. Maybe all the past captains will be there? 

Petey's changed his number to 50 in a last ditch effort to usurp the king!