The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to announce captain at home opener (Oct.9,2019)

Rate this topic

cuporbust

14 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I don't get it... why can't we have Henrik do the honour at a press conference, right here right now?? It's just weird timing to do it 3rd game into the new season! Too much of a PR show here... 

Gotta sell tickets.

5 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

They can put letters and pink lip stick on Bo and whoever else for all I care, everybody knows this is petey's team.

In the same way the 90s Canucks were Bure's team, sure.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

The thought of people actually thinking Pettersson should be named captain is mind-boggling. It’s his second year in the league, and unlike Toews/Landeskog/McDavid, who were named captain in their second year. Pettersson never struck me as someone who had leaderships qualities at such a young age, like those three.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, shiznak said:

The thought of people actually thinking Pettersson should be named captain is mind-boggling. It’s his second year in the league, and unlike Toews/Landeskog/McDavid, who were named captain in their second year. Pettersson never struck me as someone who had leaderships qualities at such a young age, like those three.

I think he'd be a great captain.......in 4-5 years.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, shiznak said:

Not if Horvat is still here.

That doesn't mean that he wouldn't make a great captain as well. It's good to have multiple leaders on a team and I'm glad that our star players are showing leadership qualities at a young age.

I agree that Horvat should be captain, but in 4-5 years I think Pettersson would also be a great choice as one.

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

That idiot Blake just said he talked to the Canucks for the second time...and it will be 1 of the 4 show / listed with the A’s, so prob Horvat. 

But, somehow he’s blaming the Canucks re: the communication instead of himself for assuming. What a clown!!!

he a hack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and a pos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, IRR said:

That idiot Blake just said he talked to the Canucks for the second time...and it will be 1 of the 4 show / listed with the A’s, so prob Horvat. 

But, somehow he’s blaming the Canucks re: the communication instead of himself for assuming. What a clown!!!

I don't think he assumed anything. I think he was just being obtuse and trolling for clicks. 

• Cheers 1