The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

During the pre game presser Green mentioned that both Beagle and Sutter might be ready to go on Saturday... Now I'm not holding my breath but that would be a huge boost... 

Now hearing next week from Dan Murphy on the radio

Edited by DS4quality
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2019 at 10:24 PM, VanIsleNuckFan said:

What about the cracker that broke Brent Sopel's back?

http://www.ededition.com/cracker-that-broke-brent-sopel-sold-for-five-dollars/

Apparently it was auctioned off. :lol:

I have a theory about this... what if the food related injuries were because they were beaten by coaching staff. Penner pancakes Sutter was coaching Sopel cracker Crawford was coaching. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CanuckinEdm said:
On 10/12/2019 at 4:24 AM, VanIsleNuckFan said:

What about the cracker that broke Brent Sopel's back?

http://www.ededition.com/cracker-that-broke-brent-sopel-sold-for-five-dollars/

Apparently it was auctioned off. :lol:

I have a theory about this... what if the food related injuries were because they were beaten by coaching staff. Penner pancakes Sutter was coaching Sopel cracker Crawford was coaching. 

Hey lets post about Neely's injury eh? I am sure all posters want to know about that, or how about Rota's eh?

WRONG FORUM

• Wat 1

On 12/7/2019 at 5:45 AM, CanuckinEdm said:
On 12/6/2019 at 11:36 PM, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Hey lets post about Neely's injury eh? I am sure all posters want to know about that, or how about Rota's eh?

WRONG FORUM

why so serious joker GIF

I thought the forum was for currently injured players that missed games not players that had a game injury but didn't miss any games

It is possible that Sutter, Edler and others are still on IR for cap purposes, those two represent over 11 mil in cap space, when all are healthy they have to drop 11 mil off the roster.

Even if they send Eriksson down he doesn't get them enough. They are so cap screwed they have to carry extra millions on the IR.

If Edler and Sutter come back, who goes?

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

I thought the forum was for currently injured players that missed games not players that had a game injury but didn't miss any games

It is possible that Sutter, Edler and others are still on IR for cap purposes, those two represent over 11 mil in cap space, when all are healthy they have to drop 11 mil off the roster.

Even if they send Eriksson down he doesn't get them enough. They are so cap screwed they have to carry extra millions on the IR.

Don’t worry your pretty little head about it. Jimmy will work it out. 

• Haha 2

Below is with Eriksson waived and demoted.  Works with either Schaller or Motte as well. Potential bonuses will be the only issue. 

image.thumb.png.b9484a911875d75cea599d6da130ff85.png

image.thumb.png.5c72f851dde7c1f90a16c456fbf9f134.png

image.thumb.png.6b0c51c1627b96362b7547ecd5a6c8a8.png

image.thumb.png.b2ada3ef64888db581b8fa3193702bf3.png

Edited by Borvat
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Appreciate the effort, but LE is not getting waived.  

You may be surprised.  At least I hope you are.  More likely Schaller or Motte because Loui has been on fire lately and does a lot of the little things no one can see or quantify  Schaller may get picked up based on his play and expiring contract that would give them some cap relief.  I don't think TG wants to lose Motte.  

Just now, Borvat said:

You may be surprised.  At least I hope you are.  More likely Schaller or Motte because Loui has been on fire lately and does a lot of the little things no one can see or quantify  Schaller may get picked up based on his play and expiring contract that would give them some cap relief.  I don't think TG wants to lose Motte.  

LE should be waived, and sent packing to Utica, but he will not be.  That's a directive coming from JB and Aquilini.  IMO there is that little handshake deal with LE.  

• Haha 1

Players on IR still count against the cap.  Teams only get cap relief for players on LTIR.  Edler is on IR and his cap hit is accounted for.  Sutter is on LTIR though and they are using part of his cap relief to cover for recalls due to injuries.

LTIR is minimum 10 games or 24 days - Motte has already been out for more than that.  It's unclear how long Edler and Graovac project to be out and whether their injury projection would qualify for LTIR. 

CapFriendly shows them about 1.3M above the cap.  That's roughly the cap space they need to find to activate Sutter - could be a bit less if they have some banked cap space.  They can probably put Motte on LTIR (975K) and the rest might be by either Edler or Graovac qualifying for LTIR or by demoting someone.  

They are at 22 active players so they already have a roster spot for Sutter.

18 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Below is with Eriksson waived and demoted.  Works with either Schaller or Motte as well. Potential bonuses will be the only issue. 

image.thumb.png.b9484a911875d75cea599d6da130ff85.png

image.thumb.png.5c72f851dde7c1f90a16c456fbf9f134.png

image.thumb.png.6b0c51c1627b96362b7547ecd5a6c8a8.png

image.thumb.png.b2ada3ef64888db581b8fa3193702bf3.png

This is with everyone healthy but Edler, Graovac and Motte are injured.  Chatfield is up with the team to have an extra D.  His cap hit counts as well as the one of players on IR unless they qualify for LTIR - see post just above.

Just now, mll said:

This is with everyone healthy but Edler, Graovac and Motte are injured.  Chatfield is up with the team to have an extra D.  His cap hit counts as well as the one of players on IR unless they qualify for LTIR - see post just above.

My post was based on how it will all fit - post LTIR with NHL contracts - with a 23 man roster.   

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

LE should be waived, and sent packing to Utica, but he will not be.  That's a directive coming from JB and Aquilini.  IMO there is that little handshake deal with LE.  

Well if the side deal includes him collecting another $3 Million dollar well earned bonus next July and going away fine.  If not then I don't see the point.