The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

Just now, Borvat said:

Well if the side deal includes him collecting another $3 Million dollar well earned bonus next July and going away fine.  If not then I don't see the point.   

LE should have been sent down to start the season.  A poster here said Rick Dhaliwal reported Travis Green didn't want LE, but was told by JB to keep him.  Green kept LE in the pressbox for a lot of the season.  As guys get healthy again LE still stays up.  This looks to me like there is a side deal for LE that's in place.  It's like the "retired Luongo" in FLA, and then we hire you into management to pay you the 3 million you are owed.  It will never be proven that a side deal (handshake) was done.  

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

LE should be waived, and sent packing to Utica, but he will not be.  That's a directive coming from JB and Aquilini.  IMO there is that little handshake deal with LE.  

I agree that there's likely a handshake deal in place. Wondering though, if they assign him on paper, if he would really need to physically be located in Utica, or if he could get away with remaining in Vancouver. Not sure if its spelled out in the rules that he would absolutely HAVE to be there.

Agree completely that he "Should" be assigned.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I agree that there's likely a handshake deal in place. Wondering though, if they assign him on paper, if he would really need to physically be located in Utica, or if he could get away with remaining in Vancouver. Not sure if its spelled out in the rules that he would absolutely HAVE to be there.

Agree completely that he "Should" be assigned.

Interesting idea to keep him here, but he's assigned to Utica to create another roster spot.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Interesting idea to keep him here, but he's assigned to Utica to create another roster spot.  

I know it gets done by teams for opening night compliance. Move a contract that's waiver exempt to minors, player doesn't leave town. Next day, move someone to IR and recall the paper on the other player.

If it could be done, you're essentially paying LE, to sit at home and do NOTHING, which is a pretty good job if you can find someone to pay you a few million a year to do it! :)

19 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Getting close to all forwards returning, could we finally see a lineup like:

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Bo - Guadette

Roussel - Sutter - Leivo

Ferland - Beagle - Virtanen

According to the practice lines today:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen

Ferland-Beagle-Sutter

Until they have a bad game, they aren’t going to split up that 3rd line.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

LE should have been sent down to start the season.  A poster here said Rick Dhaliwal reported Travis Green didn't want LE, but was told by JB to keep him.  Green kept LE in the pressbox for a lot of the season.  As guys get healthy again LE still stays up.  This looks to me like there is a side deal for LE that's in place.  It's like the "retired Luongo" in FLA, and then we hire you into management to pay you the 3 million you are owed.  It will never be proven that a side deal (handshake) was done.  

The coach of the little things you say

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Ferland-Beagle-Sutter

That works too, lots of different options based on who is playing well at the time. That's a nice looking 4th line that can play a possession game and chip in some goals.

15 minutes ago, Provost said:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Ferland-Beagle-Sutter

Now that is a deep team. 

The 4th line could effectively be the shutdown line although I would prefer Sutter in the middle with Beagle on the right side

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Ferland-Beagle-Sutter

^ this makes me happy. 

Not sure how this effects Loui E tho. Roster-wise he can stay, but not sure about the salary implications of Sutter coming back... do we have to waive Loui for the cap space for Sutter?

28 minutes ago, Provost said:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Ferland-Beagle-Sutter

Leivo 4 goals last 4 games and Pearson 7 points last 5 games on a bit of a streak rn as well. I am sure that played a part too.

I expect that they all cool down since they're all streaky.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

^ this makes me happy. 

Not sure how this effects Loui E tho. Roster-wise he can stay, but not sure about the salary implications of Sutter coming back... do we have to waive Loui for the cap space for Sutter?

Pretty sure it would be graovac Chatfield and Schaller getting the wave

43 minutes ago, Provost said:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Ferland-Beagle-Sutter

I that 3rd line turns out to be consistently good as it looked against Buf is that the best bottom 6 in the league? I think maybe.

3 hours ago, Provost said:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Ferland-Beagle-Sutter

People will obviously point to the fact that that fourth line is making way too much money but that’s irrelevant IMO. It’s essentially good enough to be a third line and will likely get more minutes than Gaudettes line some nights.

This is where you wanna be as a team. Depth up front that forces healthy competition for ice time. Pearson and Leivo both know they’re a couple bad games away from being replaced by Ferland or Roussel in the top 6. That should keep them working hard.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

People will obviously point to the fact that that fourth line is making way too much money but that’s irrelevant IMO. It’s essentially good enough to be a third line and will likely get more minutes than Gaudettes line some nights.

This is where you wanna be as a team. Depth up front that forces healthy competition for ice time. Pearson and Leivo both know they’re a couple bad games away from being replaced by Ferland or Roussel in the top 6. That should keep them working hard.

Once Ferland gets half a dozen or so games under his belt I expect him to get a shot again in the top 6 or top 9. Leivo is a streaky guy, hot right now but will go back to a cold spell and be somewhat invisible sooner than later and he can swap down to that 4th line imo

• Upvote 1