Canuckster86

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

52 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No but I don't think another team is desperate enough to spend $6 million in cap space on him. 

I said just waive the guy to free up a roster space for Motte.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Thinking no on gets waived and Leivo gets traded imho

But I really like Leivo...  can move up and down the lines, works hard... good  value! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

But I really like Leivo...  can move up and down the lines, works hard... good  value! 

Eriksson is not tradeable at this point, and Leivo is kinda the odd man out with any value. I like Leivo too but reality is he is our most expendable asset on the NHL roster at this point that teams would be interested in. 

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Eriksson is not tradeable at this point, and Leivo is kinda the odd man out with any value. I like Leivo too but reality is he is our most expendable asset on the NHL roster at this point that teams would be interested in. 

Why can't we just waive the guy hoping he will retire? I rather have Leivo and Motte over him. 

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Why can't we just waive the guy hoping he will retire? I rather have Leivo and Motte over him. 

Not how the actual NHL works. No guarantee he retires too. 

I would add if it was as simple as waive him and he retires he would have been waived already... 

Edited by canuck73_3

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not how the actual NHL works. No guarantee he retires too. 

I would add if it was as simple as waive him and he retires he would have been waived already... 

I get it... but the main point here is, he offers very little  value and seems to be a total outcast... why waste a roster spot on him when Green no longer wants to play him? 

• Hydration 1

11 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I get it... but the main point here is, he offers very little  value and seems to be a total outcast... why waste a roster spot on him when Green no longer wants to play him? 

It's very simple. Owner will not approve “burying” a $6 mil per player in the AHL especially when it provides almost zero cap relief. Further said player wont just retire because he is sent to the AHL so no point trying to “force” early retirement...

25 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It's very simple. Owner will not approve “burying” a $6 mil per player in the AHL especially when it provides almost zero cap relief. Further said player wont just retire because he is sent to the AHL so no point trying to “force” early retirement...

I really dont get why the owner would apparently be unhappy, he has a 6m cap hit, all remaining years are less than 6m is salary paid out. LE is not going to crack our line up and we have 2 F coming back from injury further pushing him down the depth charts.

Does AquaMan want to sit in a box seat and chat it up with Loui about hairstyle or something!?!? 6m cap hit sitting in press box in vancouver blocking a roster spot or 6m in utica in the press box far away from the team... Still is a 6m cap hit player only sitting doing nothing...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I really dont get why the owner would apparently be unhappy, he has a 6m cap hit, all remaining years are less than 6m is salary paid out. LE is not going to crack our line up and we have 2 F coming back from injury further pushing him down the depth charts.

Does AquaMan want to sit in a box seat and chat it up with Loui about hairstyle or something!?!? 6m cap hit sitting in press box in vancouver blocking a roster spot or 6m in utica in the press box far away from the team... Still is a 6m cap hit player only sitting doing nothing...

It looks terrible on you as a franchise to have a legit NHLer at that salary in the AHL. Look at how dummied the Rangers got for the Redden treatment. 

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

It looks terrible on you as a franchise to have a legit NHLer at that salary in the AHL. Look at how dummied the Rangers got for the Redden treatment. 

Doesn't matter... just look at Alzner!! You shouldn't have to be stuck with a player based on $ commitment!! 

1 hour ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Doesn't matter... just look at Alzner!! You shouldn't have to be stuck with a player based on $ commitment!! 

Eriksson like it or not is a legit NHL talent though that is the difference between him and Alzner.  Eriksson can be effective at an NHL level while Alzner isn't. So again not a reasonable comparison...

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Eriksson like it or not is a legit NHL talent though that is the difference between him and Alzner.  Eriksson can be effective at an NHL level while Alzner isn't. So again not a reasonable comparison...

Well apparently he is not enough of a talent to crack the Canuck roster. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Somebody will have to sit in the pressbox. Does it really matter if it's Eriksson or somebody else just sitting there not playing? 

• Hydration 1

10 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Somebody will have to sit in the pressbox. Does it really matter if it's Eriksson or somebody else just sitting there not playing? 

I don't know what people's obsession is with having kids up, sitting in the press box over guys like Eriksson or likely Schaller when Roussel gets back.

Find something useful to complain about.

27 minutes ago, Baggins said:

It sure does!! I don't see Eriksson fitting in any better than Baetschi on the roster... say we need to take Schaller out, Motte would be an awesome fill in with his speed and tenacity. I wouldn't have an issue if Eriksson is still able to pop in a couple PP goals here & there.... 

Eriksson has now gone downhill so much that he reminds me of the severely overpaid once upon a time NHL all-star named Bobby Holik... if you are old enough to recall!

The best thing about this thread is that it’s only 3 pages (soon to be 4) but most of the chat is squabbling about who should be eating popcorn in the press box. This is very good. Let’s keep it up folks, when there aren’t  worse things to complain about then Louie being in the press box and goal songs that’s a lovely day in Canuck land. Sweet squabbling music to my ears 

D7712D43-641A-4265-AB69-207534BD13D4.gif

• Hydration 1

15 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

It looks terrible on Loui Eriksson that he has given up and mailed it in, after singing a 36 million dollar contract. He should be embarrassed. Regardless of whether or not he is a "legit NHLer", there are plenty of guys on the Canucks who have outplayed him and he doesn't deserve a spot.

Edited by nowhereman
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1