The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

6 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

Wow, what a boost if we can get him back for the playoff push!

Can he push LoserSSon out of the top 6 tho...!?!?

Be great to have him back, unfortunately pushes ZM out of the lineup as LoserSSon seems poised to stay in.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Can he push LoserSSon out of the top 6 tho...!?!?

Be great to have him back, unfortunately pushes ZM out of the lineup as LoserSSon seems poised to stay in.

Well, logic says Brock goes back on Horvat's line in place of Eriksson.  Zack isn't going anywhere after his monster game. Eriksson is the weakest link. Maybe he's finally an unhealthy scratch...measles, hemorrhoids, bruised ego..?

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

Well, logic says Brock goes back on Horvat's line

Why does logic dictate that? I could see a couple reasons that doesn't happen:

Green might prefer to ease Brock back in instead of putting him right in the fire. Remember that Boeser was playing on the 3rd before getting injured if I remember correctly.

When we got TT, most assumed he would be put on our 2nd line to reunite with Pearson. I still think that is in the cards, with Boeser eventually going back to the 1st to be with his friend Petey.

Really, I can see an argument to out Boeser on any of the top 3 lines when he comes back.

I just hope he took this time to level himself and get his head back in the game.

9 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Remember that Boeser was playing on the 3rd before getting injured if I remember correctly.

He was playing there before he was removed from the lineup, whether he was injured after being put on the third or before that is a bit uncertain.

Just now, kloubek said:

Why does logic dictate that? I could see a couple reasons that doesn't happen:

Green might prefer to ease Brock back in instead of putting him right in the fire. Remember that Boeser was playing on the 3rd before getting injured if I remember correctly.

When we got TT, most assumed he would be put on our 2nd line to reunite with Pearson. I still think that is in the cards, with Boeser eventually going back to the 1st to be with his friend Petey.

Really, I can see an argument to out Boeser on any of the top 3 lines when he comes back.

I just hope he took this time to level himself and get his head back in the game.

To me, it's entirely logical that Brock slots in with Horvat.  I'm not going to say that would be Green's logic.  Toffoli is jelling nicely with Petterson and Miller.  Why mess with it?  The third line of Roussel, Gaudette, and Big Mac is showing great chemistry and had a dominating last game.  Why mess with that?  Ditto the fourth line with Virtanen becoming an impact player.  As I said, Eriksson is the weakest link at right wing on the second line.  Yeah, he's there for his defensive prowess.  But with Brock there, the second line becomes a scoring threat again.  

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

s9x5KmKM_bigger.jpg

#Canucks

NHL_Team_Emojis_2019_2020_Canucks.png
Boeser says he always felt he'd be back before end of regular season. Has been skating on his own for a while, but today was first day with group & contact. Says he's close

This is good news.

For those that want to rid of LE from the lineup though need to keep in mind that the Canucks have blown too many games in the last 2 min. As much as I can’t stand LE, he is one of the top last 2 min defensive players on the team. I still laugh at his empty net expertise but learned to accept this beneficial role.

5 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

Well, logic says Brock goes back on Horvat's line in place of Eriksson.  Zack isn't going anywhere after his monster game. Eriksson is the weakest link. Maybe he's finally an unhealthy scratch...measles, hemorrhoids, bruised ego..?

Would be nice but isn’t Mac an “emergency call up”? 

8 hours ago, Knucklehd said:

Wish we could get a Marky update.  We are drowning without him.

It's not him though.

It's been 7 games since he went down.

We've scored more than 3 goals only 2 times in that 7 game stretch. We won both games. 

In 4 of those 7 games we scored 2 or less goals.  With him in the lineup we maybe go 3 and 4 instead of 2 and 5.

Its offense issues. Not goaltending.

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

It's not him though.

It's been 7 games since he went down.

We've scored more than 3 goals only 2 times in that 7 game stretch. We won both games. 

In 4 of those 7 games we scored 2 or less goals.  With him in the lineup we maybe go 3 and 4 instead of 2 and 5.

Its offense issues. Not goaltending.

I would say no. Because Marky went down, the team has been trying to play defensive while giving up offensive opportunities. So far it’s been a huge failure. This team thrives on Marky’s ability to stop grade A chances while the players pinch in on offensive plays. I’m not so sure this is the best way to play but it was working.

• Upvote 1