The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

13 hours ago, bree2 said:

why does cap friendly not show Markstrom on IR

Beagle and him weren't put on IR.   The roster report for last game vs CBJ shows them as healthy scratch.

After the TDL roster limits are lifted so the Canucks probably didn't see the need to put them on IR.  

• Cheers 1

They said Markstrom would be "re-evaluated in 2 weeks"...that was 2 weeks ago so I suspect that re-evaluation is today/tomorrow and we should have the "verdict" on the season by the weekend. I say verdict because lets be honest, Demko isn't going to get this team across the line in terms of making the playoffs.

3 hours ago, GritGrinder said:

They said Markstrom would be "re-evaluated in 2 weeks"...that was 2 weeks ago so I suspect that re-evaluation is today/tomorrow and we should have the "verdict" on the season by the weekend. I say verdict because lets be honest, Demko isn't going to get this team across the line in terms of making the playoffs.

Marky resumed skating today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/8/2020 at 12:12 PM, yes we can nucks said:

Well, logic says Brock goes back on Horvat's line in place of Eriksson.  Zack isn't going anywhere after his monster game. Eriksson is the weakest link. Maybe he's finally an unhealthy scratch...measles, hemorrhoids, bruised ego..?

On 3/8/2020 at 12:41 PM, kloubek said:

Why does logic dictate that? I could see a couple reasons that doesn't happen:

Green might prefer to ease Brock back in instead of putting him right in the fire. Remember that Boeser was playing on the 3rd before getting injured if I remember correctly.

When we got TT, most assumed he would be put on our 2nd line to reunite with Pearson. I still think that is in the cards, with Boeser eventually going back to the 1st to be with his friend Petey.

Really, I can see an argument to out Boeser on any of the top 3 lines when he comes back.

I just hope he took this time to level himself and get his head back in the game.

On 3/8/2020 at 12:57 PM, yes we can nucks said:

To me, it's entirely logical that Brock slots in with Horvat.  I'm not going to say that would be Green's logic.  Toffoli is jelling nicely with Petterson and Miller.  Why mess with it?  The third line of Roussel, Gaudette, and Big Mac is showing great chemistry and had a dominating last game.  Why mess with that?  Ditto the fourth line with Virtanen becoming an impact player.  As I said, Eriksson is the weakest link at right wing on the second line.  Yeah, he's there for his defensive prowess.  But with Brock there, the second line becomes a scoring threat again.  

Well, I'm glad Green's logic jelled with mine, LOL.  Brock played well with Horvat.  The top line had an impactful game.  Big Mac got a crucial goal.  No Eriksson.

We win and in the thick of the playoff run.

16 hours ago, GritGrinder said:

The Province stated, "OVERTIME: No. 1 goalie Jacob Markstrom skated Tuesday morning in his recovery "
https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/ben-kuzma-boeser-back-sooner-than-expected-to-boost-canucks-playoff-drive

Edited by The Colt 45s

19 hours ago, GritGrinder said:

Demko was a beast last night for us, has let in some meh goals since taking over for sure....but those are growing pains/learning experiences for him. I think he has done a good job stepping in and seems to be getting better

8 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Just when we Get Boser back we lost Tanev the same game.

Cursed.

Looks like his knee got impacted on the boards pretty good. Came back out for a twirl before heading back down the tunnel, so it's probably a "tweak" of sorts, nothing major. "Day-to-day", and/or "banged up" is probably what we'll hear from Green.

Edited by Chickenspear
typo

3 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

Looks like his knee got impacted on the boards pretty good. Came back out for a twirl before heading back down the tunnel, so it's probably a "tweak" of sorts, nothing major. "Day-to-day", and/or "banged up" is probably what we'll hear from Green.

Saw him walking into the tunnel and it looked normal. I’m sure he will be ok.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, mll said:

With Boeser activated the Canucks only had 154K in LTIR cap relief.  Markstrom has now been put on LTIR.

So what happens if Marky comes back in a few days? Would we be over the Cap? Does someone else need to be on LTIR for his return?

35 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

So what happens if Marky comes back in a few days? Would we be over the Cap? Does someone else need to be on LTIR for his return?

If they return Chatfield to Utica or Domingue, they would have enough cap to activate Markstrom.  They were at 154K after Boeser got activated, but to recall Chatfield had to put Markstrom on LTIR.

If Markstrom is ready to return - Domingue would likely be sent back down.  Would free 1.075M in cap space - which is more than the cap needed to recall Chatfield.  

If a team has no cap space and has less than 18 skaters + 2 goalies able to play, they can invoke roster emergency exception. They need to play 1 game short-handed then are allowed to recall a player who does not make more than 800K this season.  That emergency recall wouldn't count against the cap but it's only valid as long as the team can't ice a complete lineup.

• Thanks 1