The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

1 hour ago, nowhereman said:

It looks terrible on Loui Eriksson that he has given up and mailed it in, after singing a 36 million dollar contract. He should be embarrassed and doesn't deserve a spot in the NHL.

Again I've said this numerous times, you don't play as well defensively and on the PK by “mailing it in” it's tiring continuously stating this but it's 100% true. 

Does it suck he’s not scoring? Absolutely. Do I want us to find a new team for him? You bet. But I'm not going to mindlessly accuse the guy of mailing it in because there's enough evidence that that isn't a true statement. 

He hasn't mailed it in, he either is not a fit, lost his scoring touch or both. But I will 100% disagree he is mailing it in. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Virtanen#18 said:

It sure does!! I don't see Eriksson fitting in any better than Baetschi on the roster... say we need to take Schaller out, Motte would be an awesome fill in with his speed and tenacity. I wouldn't have an issue if Eriksson is still able to pop in a couple PP goals here & there.... 

Eriksson has now gone downhill so much that he reminds me of the severely overpaid once upon a time NHL all-star named Bobby Holik... if you are old enough to recall!

You don't seem to get it. Eriksson has been sitting in the pressbox. Sending him down means calling somebody up to sit in the pressbox. What's the point? I'd rather Motte playing rather than sitting around hoping for an injury. Worst case is Eriksson has to fill in one game for a call-up to arrive. I honestly don't have an issue with that. He'll get his paycheck regardless, so it really doesn't matter where he is being overpaid. It simply is what it is.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Again I've said this numerous times, you don't play as well defensively and on the PK by “mailing it in” it's tiring continuously stating this but it's 100% true. 

Does it suck he’s not scoring? Absolutely. Do I want us to find a new team for him? You bet. But I'm not going to mindlessly accuse the guy of mailing it in because there's enough evidence that that isn't a true statement. 

He hasn't mailed it in, he either is not a fit, lost his scoring tough or both. But I will 100% disagree he is mailing it in. 

Kids these days... haha. They just assume that NHL players mail it in on a regular basis. More than likely it's a fit issue. Eriksson's really not that bad of a player.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Baggins said:

You don't seem to get it. Eriksson has been sitting in the pressbox. Sending him down means calling somebody up to sit in the pressbox. What's the point? I'd rather Motte playing rather than sitting around hoping for an injury. Worst case is Eriksson has to fill in one game for a call-up to arrive. I honestly don't have an issue with that. He'll get his paycheck regardless, so it really doesn't matter where he is being overpaid. It simply is what it is.

OK, let me make this real clear again.... keeping Eriksson (after Roussel is back from IR) means we'll only get to keep either Schaller or Motte..... both of these guys have something to offer... so your best solution is??

OK, let me make this real clear again.... keeping Eriksson (after Roussel is back from IR) means we'll only get to keep either Schaller or Motte..... both of these guys have something to offer... so your best solution is??

Eriksson has something to offer as well. Whether that lives up to his salary is completely irrelevant. But to answer your question - barring further injuries, does it really matter who gets paid to sit in the pressbox? It doesn't to me. He's sitting in the press box after all.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Baggins said:

Eriksson has something to offer as well. Whether that lives up to his salary is completely irrelevant. But to answer your question - barring further injuries, does it really matter who gets paid to sit in the pressbox? It doesn't to me. He's sitting in the press box after all.

If you watched Motte and Schaller tonight... you don't even want Eriksson near our press box!! 

Who would you wanna take out of our roster just to keep Eriksson??

12 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

If you watched Motte and Schaller tonight... you don't even want Eriksson near our press box!! 

Who would you wanna take out of our roster just to keep Eriksson??

It's the freakin' "press box". I don't care who sits there watching games. It has no effect whatsoever on what happens on the ice. What don't you get about that?

57 minutes ago, Baggins said:

It's the freakin' "press box". I don't care who sits there watching games. It has no effect whatsoever on what happens on the ice. What don't you get about that?

Oh boy...... how else can I explain to you about roster management... a 23-man roster has a limit of 23 active players, you follow? So when Roussel is back to our roster, one of Schaller, Motte, Eriksson, etc.. will have to be sent down to make room, you follow??

And yes, it doesn't matter who sits in the frigging press box........... but we need to have Motte or Schaller or whoever to be available anytime to sub in or rotate?? But that's not possible if Eriksson is STILL on our roster!!!! *sighhhhhhhhhh*

AM I SPEAKING ENGLISH OR GIBBERISH HERE????

4 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Oh boy...... how else can I explain to you about roster management... a 23-man roster has a limit of 23 active players, you follow? So when Roussel is back to our roster, one of Schaller, Motte, Eriksson, etc.. will have to be sent down to make room, you follow??

And yes, it doesn't matter who sits in the frigging press box........... but we need to have Motte or Schaller or whoever to be available anytime to sub in or rotate?? But that's not possible if Eriksson is STILL on our roster!!!! *sighhhhhhhhhh*

The guy sitting in the press box isn't taking ice time away from anybody here or in Utica. I already said, I'd rather Motte playing than sitting around. Again, worst case scenario, Eriksson will have to play one game for a call-up to arrive. More often than not a call up will be here before that's needed. OMG - he MIGHT play a game! Big deal.

SO YES, I UNDERSTAND YOUR GIBBERISH JUST FINE and I DON'T CARE WHO SITS IN THE PRESS BOX. (I can cap too)

I suspect your hatred of Eriksson's salary is affecting your opinion here. Hint: he'll be collecting it regardless. Sitting in the press box he takes no ice time from anybody, anywhere.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Baggins said:

The guy sitting in the press box isn't taking ice time away from anybody here or in Utica. I already said, I'd rather Motte playing than sitting around. Again, worst case scenario, Eriksson will have to play one game for a call-up to arrive. More often than not a call up will be here before that's needed. OMG - he MIGHT play a game! Big deal.

SO YES, I UNDERSTAND YOUR GIBBERISH JUST FINE and I DON'T CARE WHO SITS IN THE PRESS BOX. (I can cap too)

I suspect your hatred of Eriksson's salary is affecting your opinion here. Hint: he'll be collecting it regardless. Sitting in the press box he takes no ice time from anybody, anywhere.

LOL... sorry for my caps... I was yelling at myself only... and I don't even know what we are arguing about... I was alluding to the roster spots and someone has to be waived or sent down... you just pick one now when Roussel returns: Schaller, Motte, Eriksson, Gaudette.... please make your pick! 

4 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

LOL... sorry for my caps... I was yelling at myself only... and I don't even know what we are arguing about... I was alluding to the roster spots and someone has to be waived or sent down... you just pick one now when Roussel returns: Schaller, Motte, Eriksson, Gaudette.... please make your pick! 

I seem to be repeating myself. I'd rather Motte actually playing in Utica than sitting in the pressbox here. Over the years that's often been the case where a better player is in Utica, rather than in the press box here, getting ice time. Which makes sense to me. I'm not the least bit concerned Eriksson "may" have to play a game here or there when an injury occurs. 

Cap room/space

2 minutes ago, Baggins said:

I seem to be repeating myself. I'd rather Motte actually playing in Utica than sitting in the pressbox here. Over the years that's often been the case where a better player is in Utica, rather than in the press box here, getting ice time. Which makes sense to me. I'm not the least bit concerned Eriksson "may" have to play a game here or there when an injury occurs. 

OK.. so you still think having Eriksson with us benefits us more and would risk losing Motte/Schaller to waivers...

I give up! Good Day Sir! 

4 hours ago, Baggins said:

Don't think Motte clears any longer.  He's staying.

• Upvote 3

The mysterious case of Olli Juolevi.  Has there been any updates recently?

The last I heard was in training camp where it was reported he was all cleared by the medical staff.

Then it was a for sure for exhibition games.

Then it was the start of the season.

Now it seems he's back off the radar.

Its been something like 10 months since his knee surgery. I am getting discouraged we will never see him play, shades of Rodin.

6 hours ago, kilgore said:

The mysterious case of Olli Juolevi.  Has there been any updates recently?

The last I heard was in training camp where it was reported he was all cleared by the medical staff.

Then it was a for sure for exhibition games.

Then it was the start of the season.

Now it seems he's back off the radar.

Its been something like 10 months since his knee surgery. I am getting discouraged we will never see him play, shades of Rodin.

He's been playing in Utica.

• Cheers 2