The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

45 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Ferland been done since his concussion in Carolina. No ones willing to sign him to a multi year contract for a reason 

Said that when people wanted to sign him he was a concussion risk even in calgary

I guess the Canucks just cleared 3.5M in cap space for the next 3 years.

Can’t see him coming back. Shame he fought. This could have been avoided. Just be used as a hitting machine, but then again, how long would that have lasted. Ferlund not being physical is not being useful. So sad....

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I guess the Canucks just cleared 3.5M in cap space for the next 3 years.

Can’t see him coming back. Shame he fought. This could have been avoided. Just be used as a hitting machine, but then again, how long would that have lasted. Ferlund not being physical is not being useful. So sad....

I didn’t see him making it back and was surprised to see him in a uniform again. 

Too bad for the Canucks but his health has to be his priority. Best of luck Ferlund. 

7 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Why when he can collect a pay cheque while on medical leave?

Well that's what I meant, time to spell it out for you clearly. Ferland, stop trying to come back join the likes of Nathan Horton, David Clarkson, Joffrey Lupul, Chris Pronger etc etc and finish out your contract on Medical Long Term Injury Reserve...Collect your Millions while spending time with your young family in Manitoba. Canucks save 3.5m against the cap along the way

If we could only get some of Hossa's equipment to loSersson that would be amazing.

Even though I hated his guts for squashing us in the 2014 playoffs and we had no answer for it. Looks like Ferland just really wants to play hockey and he is forcing himself to skate up even when he is not symptom-free. Best of luck to him and hope for his speedy recovery. 

Edited by Drakrami

Ferland is done...take the $$ our knucklehead GM gave you and enjoy your life while it's still possible

Hopefully, Dumbos learned his lessons and wont be giving out 3-4 million contracts to bottom 6 players.

28m in our bottom 6?

Need to find the McEwens  etc...Hopefully, Lind can win a spot soon.

Hogs and Podz should fill a couple spots for next few yrs.

Erix,Beagle,Sutter,Ferland,Roussel.Pearson all need to be gone ASAP

24M of easily replaceable old baggage.

(Absolutely amazing to me that our GM still has a job)

Get Jake on a cheap contract...

At worst he's a very serviceable top 6 winger during the Reg season...

Has had flashes w/both Petey and Bo.

Hopefully, this team has enough talent to reach the point where every game isn't do or die and his inevitable gaffs aren't as critical.

Need to hang on to guys like Madden,McCann to fill 3rd-4th center spots.

Gaudette may still fill the 3rd role.

Edited by costanza7
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 6

6 hours ago, costanza7 said:

Ferland is done...take the $$ our knucklehead GM gave you and enjoy your life while it's still possible

Offer his 3.5-4 to Tofolli...He is not a 5m winger w/the stagnate cap.

Really don't see the Kings wanting him back that badly.

Maybe Ducks...Sharks in worse shape than us.

Make Jake a LW if sign Tofolli

Triy to find a trade partner to take Pearsons contract (I don't think as easy as others do)

Hopefully, Dumbos learned his lessons and wont be giving out 3-4 million contracts to bottom 6 players.

28m in our bottom 6?

Need to find the McEwens  etc...Hopefully, Lind can win a spot soon.

Hogs and Podz should fill a couple spots for next few yrs.

Erix,Beagle,Sutter,Ferland,Roussel.Pearson all need to be gone ASAP

24M of easily replaceable old baggage.

(Absolutely amazing to me that our GM still has a job)

Get Jake on a cheap contract...

At worst he's a very serviceable top 6 winger during the Reg season...

Has had flashes w/both Petey and Bo.

Hopefully, this team has enough talent to reach the point where every game isn't do or die and his inevitable gaffs aren't as critical.

Need to hang on to guys like Madden,McCann to fill 3rd-4th center spots.

Gaudette may still fill the 3rd role.

D is whole nother story...

Huggy's a huge revelation there...

Will be a 25-30 min/gm player that controls play when he's on the ice.

Hopefully.Seattle bites on Myers.

His money can be way better spent.

Spending 3.5 on Ferland was pretty low risk imo. He's a physical monster and can score 20. If the health isn't there, fine, he can stay on the LTIR and not hurt he cap. Only costing the owner money, not the team's cap, and Aquaman can afford it.

I think today showed why Sutter and Roussel are important, but Sutter is off the books at the end of the year anyways. 

• Cheers 3

13 hours ago, MattJVD said:

Spending 3.5 on Ferland was pretty low risk imo. He's a physical monster and can score 20. If the health isn't there, fine, he can stay on the LTIR and not hurt he cap. Only costing the owner money, not the team's cap, and Aquaman can afford it.

I think today showed why Sutter and Roussel are important, but Sutter is off the books at the end of the year anyways. 

The teams and players carry insurance against long term injuries. Only costing the insurance company money. 

2 hours ago, spur1 said:

The teams and players carry insurance against long term injuries. Only costing the insurance company money. 

Wrong. With Ferlands history no insurance company would insure him. TB couldn't get Stamkos' contract insured because of his injury history. 

The last shift i remember ferkie playing, it was a rush up the ice to minnys end, ferkie looked like he hurt his leg or groin( started struggling to skate) turned around and went off the ice and i dont think he played again.

Hopefully its a groin or legs issue.

Get well soon ferkie!

3 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Wrong. With Ferlands history no insurance company would insure him. TB couldn't get Stamkos' contract insured because of his injury history. 

Regardless, it will not concern our cap hit should he be out on LTIR. Our owners can also easily pipe up and pay the man. 

13 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Regardless, it will not concern our cap hit should he be out on LTIR. Our owners can also easily pipe up and pay the man. 

LTIR limits flexibility.  The cap hit doesn't just go away.  It creates bonus overages and limits who can get recalled from the AHL.  Juolevi is normally an 863K recall cap hit but with LTIR in use his recall hit is now 1.7M.  Same with Rathbone - instead of only needing 925M to recall him they now need 1.775M.  Performance bonuses that are still technically attainable need to be covered in a recall with LTIR in use.  Dallas was not able to recall Gurianov after the TDL because of that last season per Shapiro.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

23 hours ago, MattJVD said:

Benning was the only GM out of 31 that offered him a contract by several reports. That is why the # was so low.

If you think this was a good signing ....remind me never to hire you to run my business.

• Wat 2