The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

On 8/13/2020 at 10:07 AM, vannuck59 said:

You mean replace Virtanen on the third

Don't under-estimate the beef and speed he brings. Virtanen may not be on the scoresheet much. But he's in the mix of it all.

Gaudette will get his time.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

So is Myers "unfit to play"?

That’s what Green said tonight and had no more information to give out...

I very much hope Myers comes back next game and be as great as he’s been so far.

10 minutes ago, Me_ said:

That’s what Green said tonight and had no more information to give out...

I very much hope Myers comes back next game and be as great as he’s been so far.

He skated on his own off the ice. I think he had to go under the mandated concussion protocol or he separated his shoulder. Both of which, I think he would be ok enough to play in 2 days time

• Upvote 1

Teams are being even more cautious than before about injuries, it used to be an upper or lower body injury but now they're just fit or not to play.

Looking at Myers I thought he was more clutching his head, worried about concussion protocol which, to be fair, might not be too bad if he didn't really have one.

A shoulder injury would be hard to come back from so quickly. Let's hope he's only out a game or so because there's a big trickle down effect without his hard 20 minutes - Tanev and Edler are going to get leaned on hard and they'll start making more mistakes (ala 2011 playoffs) when they're over-worked.

This is where we need Benn to slot in and play 20 minutes out of nowhere.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Teams are being even more cautious than before about injuries, it used to be an upper or lower body injury but now they're just fit or not to play.

I believe the players union demanded the "unit to play" designation as part of negotiations for resuming the season. The team/league is only allowed to say they are "unfit to play". The player has control to decide to release more information if they want but they get back some privacy this way.

The true test will be whether he "left the bubble" to seek additional treatment or not. If he had to leave the bubble, he's basically done for the series with quarantine. Let's hope a little more information about where he is is released soon.

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

It looked like his shoulder. Left side was down by looks and he wasn't moving it at all. 

Which makes me think it was likely separated. I’ve heard players playing through that and even minor fractures. Let’s hope it’s more on the pain side of things rather than mobility like TT’s injury. 

28 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Why do people keep saying this when Horton and Clarkson's contract infamously counts towards the cap... 

Teams can choose not to LTIR, and simply have players on IR. Avoiding some nuance, LTIR creates cap relief, IR does not. Depends on what teams want to do, or need to do. Low-cap teams wanted the extra cap hit.