The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Edler’s injury looked like a stitch job, must have been real bad for them not have done it there. He must have been taken to whatever medical centre they have set up in that bubble. 

Probably not a straightforward stitch up. If he had significant lacerations to the ear, they might want somebody with some sort of plastics/reconstructive ability, just to make sure everything was put back together properly and able to heal up well and get a good end result. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, grandmaster said:

In your estimate how long until he plays again? I’ve never separated a shoulder, just have friends that have. 

It depends on how bad it is.

I separated my should on a hit just like that and it took a week before I could use it, two weeks before playing hockey again and about a month before I could fully rely on it

That said I'm not a pro athlete and didn't have physiotherapy. So he could be playing after a week.

Edit

Just saw an Instagram post of Myers giving fives out by the dressing room last night. Looks like he is favouring his left arm by using his pocket for support. Could be a while still

Edited by Wanless
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, grandmaster said:

In your estimate how long until he plays again? I’ve never separated a shoulder, just have friends that have. 

About 7-10 days you can start to push, pull and rotate a bit but you know instantly when its too much.

Great gritty game last night, I  thought Ben filled in admirably 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Not sure if you have ever separated you shoulder but, it can set back in. It’s about pain management and they can freeze it.

If this is what happened, hopefully he is in today. I’ve never liked Benn (he is good positionally but can’t pass the puck well).

Shoulder separation is usually accompanied by other injuries to the joint.  Labral or cuff tears are common.  Hopefully not a bad one.

Any word on Tofu? Is he a possibility for Friday? He will replace Gaudette as he didnt play much.

Virtanen-Pettersson-Miller

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Toffoli-Sutter-Motte

Eriksson-Beagle-Roussell

Hope thats our forward lineup for friday. Need Tofu on that number 1 PP. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

About 7-10 days you can start to push, pull and rotate a bit but you know instantly when its too much.

Great gritty game last night, I  thought Ben filled in admirably 

Really? I see Benn as good physically and positionally for a bottom defenceman but just horrendous for his stick work and passing the puck. This spot is not filled in adequately whatsoever.

Edited by grandmaster

5 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Can't believe Edler didn't tell the trainer to just cut off his ear so he can get back into the game. Some playoff warrior he is :ph34r:

That woulda been quite the battle scar. I wonder how many would sacrifice it if meant a guaranteed Cup? I probably would say sure why not, lol ::D

3 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

Any word on Tofu? Is he a possibility for Friday? He will replace Gaudette as he didnt play much.

Virtanen-Pettersson-Miller

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Toffoli-Sutter-Motte

Eriksson-Beagle-Roussell

Hope thats our forward lineup for friday. Need Tofu on that number 1 PP. 

That celebration video only showed a partial view. No idea if he still has that boot on. 

17 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

That woulda been quite the battle scar. I wonder how many would sacrifice it if meant a guaranteed Cup? I probably would say sure why not, lol ::D

Well there was the tale that Henrik, I believe, asked to have the tip of his finger cut off so he could come back to the game. But that is a far cry from an entire ear lol.

6 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Really? I see Benn as good physically and positionally for a bottom defenceman but just horrendous for his stick work and passing the puck. This spot is not filled in adequately whatsoever.

Well opinions are opinions mate, we all got them and are entitled to them

Go Canucks go 

12 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Well there was the tale that Henrik, I believe, asked to have the tip of his finger cut off so he could come back to the game. But that is a far cry from an entire ear lol.

12 hours ago, theo5789 said:

One of the twins did have the tip of their fingers removed via slash like marc methot had done by Crosby.