The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

8 hours ago, kilgore said:

shades of Rodin.

There should be a series of novels about the Canucks and their never ending struggle to win the StanLee Cup, and "Shades of Rodin" should definitely be either the 2nd or 3rd book in the series.

Other titles could include "The rise and fall of Cody Hodgson", "Summer of '94", and "Luongo's bathroom break"

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

How has he looked so far?   I noticed that he has one assist in three games and is a minus 3.    Has he looked better than his stats indicate?

By all accounts he's been decent.  I watched one game, he was not bad.  Believe he has a couple of helpers in five games.  

• Upvote 1

Haha

louis has the option to null his contract - and then sign with anyone.  He is still a serviceable NHL player, albeit on the tail end of a career.

he doesn’t want to do that because of the cash coming to him.  Hard to give up millions - cause he will never get another contract even close to what he has now.

so he would rather not play and get paid... than play and get paid less.  End of this year he has a bonus?   Maybe at that time?   Or is it effectively a retirement?

whatever.  The fire is gone - he is done.  I assume he could be used if the Canucks are rife with injuries... but even then I’m not sure.  He has kind of burnt his bridges and may be done even if he wants to play.

As I’ve said before - was worth a shot.   If he had light it up with the Sedins and we made a cup run it would have paid off.... it was always supposed to suck at this end of the contract (as it often does for most late 20s FA signing long big contracts)

if we could have gotten him a few years earlier it would have been fun to watch 

2 minutes ago, canucksnihilist said:

Haha

louis has the option to null his contract - and then sign with anyone.  He is still a serviceable NHL player, albeit on the tail end of a career.

he doesn’t want to do that because of the cash coming to him.  Hard to give up millions - cause he will never get another contract even close to what he has now.

so he would rather not play and get paid... than play and get paid less.  End of this year he has a bonus?   Maybe at that time?   Or is it effectively a retirement?

whatever.  The fire is gone - he is done.  I assume he could be used if the Canucks are rife with injuries... but even then I’m not sure.  He has kind of burnt his bridges and may be done even if he wants to play.

As I’ve said before - was worth a shot.   If he had light it up with the Sedins and we made a cup run it would have paid off.... it was always supposed to suck at this end of the contract (as it often does for most late 20s FA signing long big contracts)

if we could have gotten him a few years earlier it would have been fun to watch 

I don't think that's completely accurate.  Loui can retire,and thus end his contract, but he's not able to sign with another NHL team until the 3 years his contract was up.  He could sign in Europe though.  

• Cheers 2

On 10/16/2019 at 10:30 AM, Virtanen#18 said:

OK.. so you still think having Eriksson with us benefits us more and would risk losing Motte/Schaller to waivers...

I give up! Good Day Sir! 

they may figure the team will have injuries before antoine comes back. none of us know what reason they have for not sending louie down. until we know that, all this is opinions. if louie has agreed to retire after his next bonus is paid or a 3 mil buy out as long as he is not sent down, wouldn’t this be worth this. i don’t know if they can send him down, just on paper? lets wait till we know what the canucks and louie’s agreement looks like. unlike cdc, the canucks are not going to treat louie as useless and unwanted. 

louie is still a good person and has given the team, what he has.  what ever the outcome, i wish louie well and thank him for trying to be a reliable player. it hasn’t worked out the way everyone expected but he isn’t useless.

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Unfortunately it is neither. A winger gets hurt and we recalled a C...Gaudette

Looks like Green will play Gauds and shift Sutter to his RW again!! 

I don't mind seeing Loui get a few games to show what he has left... might help getting some trade interest, even though a real long shot... 

17 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Looks like Green will play Gauds and shift Sutter to his RW again!! 

I don't mind seeing Loui get a few games to show what he has left... might help getting some trade interest, even though a real long shot... 

I thought Loui ErikSucks was going in the line up....ugh!