The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

12 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Hughes should slot in Tommorow.

No he won't. With even a minor ankle injury, you need to be patient. Normally there's some swelling at the beginning. Once it goes down he'd have some imaging to see the extent of his injury. If it's minor, he'd be out at least for two weeks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PuckFather said:

No he won't. With even a minor ankle injury, you need to be patient. Normally there's some swelling at the beginning. Once it goes down he'd have some imaging to see the extent of his injury. If it's minor, he'd be out at least for two weeks.

They reported during the Ana game that he would stay with the team and might dress today against  the sharks.not as serious as they thought.

update - he won’t dress for he sharks game still doesn’t sound like he’ll miss much more that a game or two. 

Edited by Tracksuit

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

Better to be cautious and sit Hughes if even a hint of ankle issue. His skating and edgework is what keeps him safe and effective. Any immobility and its better to sit. His long term future is way more important than a few games in November. Heal up Quinn. Easily the most exciting Canuck D prospect ever. 

looked more like his knee tweeked, he walked off pretty easily. anyway nothing looked horrible. but the ref may have heard something. detached ligaments make a noise and oddly won't hurt much after initial tear, they go numb for awhile. there are lots of small ligaments, lateral, that are not as important

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

looked more like his knee tweeked, he walked off pretty easily. anyway nothing looked horrible. but the ref may have heard something. detached ligaments make a noise and oddly won't hurt much after initial tear, they go numb for awhile. there are lots of small ligaments, lateral, that are not as important

You may be right. I've had similar happen to my knee's miscus catching a rut. It's impossible to compare but I know I didn't feel comfortable on my edges for awhile. But then again I skate like a 70's enforcer and I never feel right on my edges, lol. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Yup but if a Canuck did that, he would be suspended rest of the Stanley Cup playoff Finals when we are already down a defenceman. Thank you Bettman for 2011.

:mad:

Gotta give Bettman a bit of a pass on that. Really it was Jacobs/Campbell/Sutherland that had the series decided almost before it began. 

But it also made 99% of the league, media and fans happy so cant blame them ;)

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DownGoesMcdavid said:

As per Brendan Batchelor

PP1: Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Horvat, Edler PP2: Sutter, Leivo, Pearson, Gaudette, Myers Quinn Hughes is not on the ice for pre-practice PP work. #Canucks

NHL_Team_Emojis_2019_2020_Canucks.png

this is OK. No need to rush Hughes back, its a long season.