The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The athletic projects the Canucks 26th overall?

Rate this topic

cuporbust

5 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Each year there's always a team that exceeds everyone's expectations. I think this is the Canucks' year. 

I think our team is a playoff group, and that should be the expectation.  Carolina will seriously fall in the east, and not make the playoffs.  In the west Nashville, Vegas, San Jose, and Calgary will fall.  We are a top 10 (in the league) team.  That's the expectation.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Run n Gun said:

For the past 4 years...

The media have had low projections for the Nucks. Followed by outrage from these very message boards.... yet the Nucks have continually proven that they are a bottom feeding team.

Will this year be different? I sure hope so... but I can also see why projections for the team are all over the place for this year. 

Let's not get our panties in a bunch, folks.

10 new (and much better) players in this year's team over last year's team.  Plus, we have far more depth throughout the lineup, and down in Utica.  We are a playoff team, and that's clear to those who closely follow our club.  Oh,  Leafs are in the dumper.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

10 new (and much better) players in this year's team over last year's team.  Plus, we have far more depth throughout the lineup, and down in Utica.  We are a playoff team, and that's clear to those who closely follow our club.  Oh,  Leafs are in the dumper.  

Maybe on paper, but that's why we play the games. 

On paper, we won the Cup in 2011.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So then predictions are silly, because the games aren't played on paper, right?  

ooooh, you got me there alfie! :)

My original comment just pointed to how silly these message board reactions are to predictions made by the media... mostly from people who are offended that the Nucks are always ranked so low - like our team can do not wrong. Even Benning commenting one year about how he couldn't wait for the season to start to prove everybody wrong... we all know how that season played out.

Anyway, I think we're a bubble playoff team - not a grand prediction - it's pretty in line with most of the opinions around the city. Will the playoff race be like last year where it was mostly because most other teams sucked, or will it be a true playoff race where the all the teams are really good? That will play into if the Nucks make it this year or not... and the fact that our goaltending has to be top notch, of course.

Edited by Run n Gun
Adding more to post