The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 02, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Grape said:

To be fair, almost all of those shots were generated by others. It wasn't the typical Ovie type 11 shot attempts game lol. The tip in was really nice.

he woulda had 2 goals, but smith stopped his 1 timer ...was a great save, but like i said he was one of the players that showed up and he tried his best

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

I actually thought the 3rd line wasn’t half bad.  More shots than the first line and Sutter gave a nice screen on the Edler goal.  

Yeah he coughed it up to McDavid but 97 is literally the best player in the world.  

The issue is our top line needs to play better, period.

3rd line was absolute garbage. 

Lol Dimmy guy upstairs thinks Leivo and Sutter is > Baertschi/Gaudette

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Like I predicted Leivo - Sutter - Virtanen line provided zero offence. Horrible balance.

If they’re going to provide nothing offensively they better be close to perfect on the defensive side. Sutter and Eriksson floating back as McDavid strolls in and ends the game.

Get Eriksson out of the lineup, drop Virtanen to the 4th and get Gaudette in there. At least he’ll try and create offence.

I thought Jake was on Beagle's line for pretty much the whole game? 

1 minute ago, Oregon.Duck said:

He’s finally turning into that power forward we wanted him to be 5 years ago. 

He’s been playing well for the past couple of seasons now. Good for him tbh, turned it around. Wasn’t happy when we got rid of him.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Like I predicted Leivo - Sutter - Virtanen line provided zero offence. Horrible balance.

If they’re going to provide nothing offensively they better be close to perfect on the defensive side. Sutter and Eriksson floating back as McDavid strolls in and ends the game.

Get Eriksson out of the lineup, drop Virtanen to the 4th and get Gaudette in there. At least he’ll try and create offence.

Eriksson played with Sutter and Leivo, not Virtanen.  Not that it was any better.

I know the reactions will be insane tonight ....relax game 1 of 82 

i saw some good things tonight 

pearson has got jump and looks determined out there that line is gonna be tough for teams to handle all season long 

Hughes was beaten by a few guys outside and was overpowered alot but his poise in pressure is amazing for 19 he also diversifies our pp with his ability to create plays

Myers looked in the zone and dangerous jumping into the play and just like hughes creating offensive plays and using his clapper from the point

our PP has more movement and now we finally have 2 pp lines we can deploy with confidence id like to see them feed brock for his one T on the other side a bit more tho 

wasnt all bad i missed hockey :bigblush:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Odd. said:

3rd line was absolute garbage. 

Lol Dimmy guy upstairs thinks Leivo and Sutter is > Baertschi/Gaudette

No they weren’t... and as much as I like them, I doubt Baer and Gaudette provide enough to make up for a no-show from the top line.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I need to learn not to get upset after a loss. I'm really irritated by this one. 

In the grand scheme of things, the more important thing is that we looked better than the Oilers for the most of the game. This should be a positive sign for the first game. All in all, one game isn't going to affect the rest of the season. We'll have a few games where we're the worse team and win, it'll balance out.

It's better than following the NFL where just a few losses could be catastrophic. Or even worse, college football, when at times you have one loss and your season is essentially over. This team will get up, bounce back, and keep fighting for a playoff position for the next 5 months or so.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

We were over the cap so we had to send someone down.

I think Benning wants to trade Eriksson this year so he needs to play.

Just a bad situation.

To be honest, I'm not sure if "showcasing" him does them any favours :P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I noticed Boeser tonight but not in a good way. I actually think he looked his best on the BBB line and not with EP. I feel like Boeser is best off the rush (ie. with Horvat) than in the 'half court' offense (ie. EP).

That said, not going to over react over 1 game.

If we didnt waive Baertschi then we could had a Miller-Petersson-Baertschi and a Pearson-Horvat-Boeser line with Ferland and Leivo on the third to give us more scoring depth. Gaudette would also work good as a winger too with his speed but not sure why Canucks keep holding on to washed up vets. Only Beagle was good in the bottom 6 for doing a great job on PK.