The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blues re-sign Brayden Schenn, 6.5 x 8 years

25 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Schenn is a good player, but they should've spent that money on Pietrangelo imo.  

Armstrong has virtually no cap left this year and little next year.

I suspect Allen to be traded eventually. 

Writings on the wall since faulk came to STL.

Forget throwing big money at Tyson barrie next july 1st, go for Pietrangelo!

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What's the deal with Barrie's dad?

I believe it was something along the lines of taking investors money for a resort? And used the money as a personal bank account. 

Found article, seems he made a few enemies out of former NHLers in this botched investment. 

https://www.timescolonist.com/business/len-barrie-i-always-said-i-never-did-anything-wrong-1.792566

Edit

Looks like his dad did something similar in 2008 when he tried to buy tampa bay lightning.

Edited by GhostsOf1994
More info

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I believe it was something along the lines of taking investors money for a resort? And used the money as a personal bank account. 

Found article, seems he made a few enemies out of former NHLers in this botched investment. 

https://www.timescolonist.com/business/len-barrie-i-always-said-i-never-did-anything-wrong-1.792566

Edit

Looks like his dad did something similar in 2008 when he tried to buy tampa bay lightning.

Wow. Seems like a real grifter.

30 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Writings on the wall since faulk came to STL.

Forget throwing big money at Tyson barrie next july 1st, go for Pietrangelo!

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I agree. Pietrangelo is a far more complete defenseman than Barrie.

I'm all for Pietrangelo but a 30 yo #1 defenseman heading into UFA will likely command 6x8+. Not sure our cap allow for that either. Nor do we want another LE situation (yes I know different players/positions/pedigrees but is 34yo AP going to be worth the cap room that was given to 30 yo AP?).

That being said if the price is right....

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I'm all for Pietrangelo but a 30 yo #1 defenseman heading into UFA will likely command 6x8+. Not sure our cap allow for that either. Nor do we want another LE situation (yes I know different players/positions/pedigrees but is 34yo AP going to be worth the cap room that was given to 30 yo AP?).

That being said if the price is right....

That's a good point, Ironman. Especially with the Myers contract already on the books.

Armstrong has supposedly said that his two main points of business in the first part of the season were to sign Schenn and Pietrangelo, so the captain will most likely be a Blue for life.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Schenn is a good player, but they should've spent that money on Pietrangelo imo.  

Armstrong has virtually no cap left this year and little next year.

I suspect Allen to be traded eventually. 

Parayko is their best dman and already signed long term. Petrangelo is 30/31 next year and you know someone is going to throw a huge contract at him that he will not be worth in 4-5 years.