The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Logo “Tweaking”

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

Full Article 

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-owner-aquilini-orca-logo-tweak#.XZeIg05bNnk.link

When asked if he’d consider changing the team’s logo, Aquilini put his full support behind the Orca, which has served as the Canucks’ symbol since 1997.

But on two occasions, unprompted, Aquilini said the Canucks “might tweak” it.

“I like the logo,” Aquilini said. “It’s indigenous to the region. We’re going to keep it. We might tweak it.

“It represents the current generation… We’ve got a whole new group of fans and they identify with this logo and they like this logo.”

so don’t buy the new jersey? Wait for the new new new Jersey?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Full Article 

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-owner-aquilini-orca-logo-tweak#.XZeIg05bNnk.link

When asked if he’d consider changing the team’s logo, Aquilini put his full support behind the Orca, which has served as the Canucks’ symbol since 1997.

“I like the logo,” Aquilini said. “It’s indigenous to the region. We’re going to keep it. We might tweak it.

“It represents the current generation… We’ve got a whole new group of fans and they identify with this logo and they like this logo.”

I won't read much into it.  Still going to buy the jersey for the 50th patchif nothing else. 

Does this mean the skate is coming back?  Maybe little tiny orca badges on the shoulders?  Ha ha one can hope.   That would be some good tweaking - apologies to the new generation that identifies to it - still polls prefer the old logo .... eventually I begrudgingly understand that will change.    What are they going to “tweak”... make it bigger? Smaller?  Tilt it this way or that?  Thank god at least we don’t have a Duck for a logo- things could be worse.  

The Sedins made it great - the WCE era ones were terrible.  

2 hours ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Full Article 

I feel bad for people who bought a jersey at the start of 2017. In two years we've had had three different jerseys -- Reebok version, Adidas version, then Adidas version with the new logo.

34 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

I’ll never understand this logic. By this logic if we had the skate back, which seems to be what the majority opposed to the Orca want, would we have to change the name to Vancouver Spaghetti Skates?

I'd be fine with that. Rolls off the tongue.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

I’ll never understand this logic. By this logic if we had the skate back, which seems to be what the majority opposed to the Orca want, would we have to change the name to Vancouver Spaghetti Skates?

Momesso would approve.  Same with Sbisa.

43 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I feel bad for people who bought a jersey at the start of 2017. In two years we've had had three different jerseys -- Reebok version, Adidas version, then Adidas version with the new logo.

The new ones will be cool for a bit then people will be ok with the way things were.   We identify more with the teams we had that wore the sweaters more then we do what they look like...that’s why the skate is so important to so many fans.  That and the fact the first version of the orca was an outright disaster... well except for maybe those that grew up in the WCE era - they probably love them.  Back then ALL teams had blacker or darker unis trying to intimidate the opposition given that the powers that be bought into that stuff.  Clark and Co rolling their eyes.  Dallas, Buffalo- Phoenix...it was a dark time not only because the puck was dead.

2 hours ago, arsenalian said:

YES.  So with that being said, we are now called the Vancouver Whales.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Absolutely love the fact that he's sticking to the current logo. I would definitely be open to seeing a tweeked version... a little more refined maybe? It's pretty sweet how it is - I'd say best logo in sports currently.

It's a Native symbol and our boys play on Native land so why not pay homage? To me it also represents orcas swimming in the ocean, surrounded by our mountain ranges... it's the perfect logo for a city like Vancouver.

:towel:

The land that is under Rogers Arena and also the neighbouring surrounding land is 100% owned by Francesco Aquilini...

• Wat 1