The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Julius Honka (Proposal)

i'd do it, but with our D currently he will NOT be playing regularly so not sure he would be happy about that.

I dont think we will, but we should seriously consider trading Tanev at the deadline. It is his contract year, so maybe he stays healthy and they pay him to stay and be Hughes partner?

Can't imagine Dallas having interest in Goldobin - they seem to be defensively focused.  Probably why Honka can't get in the lineup.

McKenzie says the asking price is a 2nd round pick or a 3rd or young player for Honka.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, here is a first round pick that has shown solid numbers in the AHL, but can not hang with the Stars

Now he is a RFA, but has asked for a trade......he is unsigned. Sound familiar?

Honka

for

Goldobin

Does Honka need waivers to go down to the AHL?  I wouldn’t trade Goldy, who has already cleared, for a guy who needs to clear.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Does Honka need waivers to go down to the AHL?  I wouldn’t trade Goldy, who has already cleared, for a guy who needs to clear.  

We can sacrifice Loui Eriksson!

Not too many would complain?  But yes, Honka requires waivers.

29 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I look at a team like Anaheim for Honka. We dont need Honka. We already have 2 small statured dmen. 

Agreed.  Much rather have a big, tough stay-at-home (like a much younger Benn) in our prospect pool. 

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Agreed.  Much rather have a big, tough stay-at-home (like a much younger Benn) in our prospect pool. 

Orrrrrr Seth jonesss :rolleyes:

God i hope he becomes available. 

Hughes - Jones 

Edler - Myers 

Benn - Stech 

Edited by KKnight
  • Cheers 1

I don't think we want him.  He is clearly not what people thought he was.  A year ago we were desperate for RHD prospects.  Now we have Woo, Rafferty, Chatfield and Eliot.  Woo has as much upside as Honka  and Rafferty looks like an nhler.  Add these guys to Meyers, Stecher, and Tanev.  Not to mention that Hughes, Benn, and Tryamkin all like the right side, and we really don't need Honka.  

The only trade I would consider would be Brisebois, Sautner, Teves or a 3rd or 4th for Honka.  Even then I think he will have the same attitude here as he will not play unless there are a bunch of injuries.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 11:39 AM, janisahockeynut said:

Well, here is a first round pick that has shown solid numbers in the AHL, but can not hang with the Stars

Now he is a RFA, but has asked for a trade......he is unsigned. Sound familiar?

Honka

for

Goldobin

I don’t mind this deal at all, but would Honka be happy here being a 7th defenseman?   Especially during an RFA year?    I’m not so sure.