Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Miller
Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher 

Markstrom

Awesome I’ve been stating (repeatedly) how I want Gaudette to center the third line and Sutter on the 4th line.  Beagle and Sutter can each Centre a pk unit.  If we enter the third period with a lead we can switch Gaudette and Sutter.

step 1 -complete(Gaudette in Sutter to 4th) 

step 2 - call up Baertschi waive Shaller

line-3 Baer Gaudette Virtanen/Leivo

line-4 Sutter Beagle Virtanen/Leivo

pk1-Sutter Leivo 

Pk2-Beagle Virtanen 

pk3 Horvat Pearson 

if Virtanen can’t kill then scratch him and play motte.  Bottom line Baertschi should be in.  Teams would have picked him up if his contract was less.

Baertschi can take Pearson’s pp spot or Leivo’s he’s our 5th best offensive forward

• Upvote 1

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Miller
Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher 

Markstrom

solid looking lineup! Can’t wait for Antoine to be back in the line up too!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I’ve always wondered why they don’t have region specific talk shows. Is hockey not popular enough in Canada that Sportsnet Pacific can’t run shows specifically about the Canucks?

It's a numbers game. Toronto has the largest fan base due to the majority of the countries population living in that region. More fans equals more viewers, which equals advertiser dollars. 

If you assume the Canucks fan base is the entire province of BC that's roughly only 4 million people. Typical ratings for popular TV shows are around 1%, so even if a Canucks TV show was wildly popular  it would only be looking at a viewership of 40,000 people on any given night. That's just not a big enough audience for advertisers to sink hundreds of thousands of dollars into. Their customer acquisition costs would be through the roof.

Edited by CptCanuck16
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, BPA said:

Hope Gaudette plays and gets a goal or two.  Cements his stay in the lineup. 

We better hope for a win and that he plays well or Green will throw the lines in a blender again.....and little things Loui will probably pop out the other side.

7 minutes ago, Kushman said:

No Erikson? surely his elite 6m penalty killing abilities will be missed amirite?

Jk

Christmas has come early, ship his ass to utica and never bring him up again

I assume that the only reason that hasn't happened is because they're looking to trade him, and a $6m AHLer doesn't look so appealing to the rest of the league.

• Cheers 1

Well lots of Jake’s buddies and puck bunnies will be there tonight since they’re playing in Calgary. That’s why he always plays so good against them incase anyone was wondering. Pretty sad that’s the only time he decides to play hard. Always been a Jake supporter, but he needs to start putting his elite tools to work and actually start making a difference in games.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If Gaudette and Jake actually have some chemistry that would solve several problems at once. I'm glad Green is willing to try it out.

I'd prefer to see Loui-Beagle-Sutter instead of Schaller-Beagle-Sutter but thats nitpicking. 

Has Jake had chemistry with anyone?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I never drink at the games because...driving.

But tonight I'm going to buy a six pack of something.   I'm also making cabbage rolls because, well, it's that time of the year.

I LOVE my cabbage rolls!

I am not going out tonight which I really enjoy. Even though that makes me a hermit I don't have to worry about drinking and driving and swearing at the tv. 

You do know the players can hear me right?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

It's a numbers game. Toronto has the largest fan base due to the majority of the countries population living in that region. More fans equals more viewers, which equals advertiser dollars. 

If you assume the Canucks fan base is the entire province of BC that's roughly only 4 million people. Typical ratings for popular TV shows are around 1%, so even if a Canucks TV show was wildly popular  it would only be looking at a viewership of 40,000 people on any given night. That's just not a big enough audience for advertisers to sink hundreds of thousands of dollars into. Their customer acquisition costs would be through the roof.

I don't think most people here care why.  We just don't give a s&%$ about the laughs. In fact, they disgust some of us.  ::D