The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Oct. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Honestly none of the forwards have been very good at all through the first 2 games. The Horvat line puts pressure on but generates nothing, Bo has looked bad. 

Petey looks legitimately awful and disinterested. I know most here are blaming everything on Boeser but he's at least had a handful of shifts where he's driven the play. Petey has done nothing. He needs to focus less on decking himself out in Gucci with Loui and get his head right. You haven't earned anything yet in this league EP.

On the plug, Quinn looks great and Myers was a legitimate offensive driver all night, and save for his terrible giveaway, he looked solid.

Edited by Maketherightmove
  • Wat 1

8 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

I feel like the 2011 PP was drawn up by the Sedins and Newell Brown just stood behind the bench because they needed an "official PP coach".

I've often wondered why a team actually needs a pp coach.  Seems to me that most of the players have played this game at a high level in various leagues, from peewee to NHL, for at least the past 10 years or so.  Wouldn't their collective natural ability and instincts kick in ?   Certainly can't be much worse than what is being displayed the past couple of seasons...............

The worst thing about watching  Tkachuk’s After-Hours interview so far...was listening to his speech blowin’ smoke up Lucic’s arse.

Over-praisin’ that past-his-prime-cheap-shot-artist as if Looch is some precious gift to today’s NHL hockey was absolutely farcical. But, what else is a teammate going to do, I suppose?

It was sort of like listening to the staunchest republican defend/praise/revere Trump. Ugh, I can’t  abide the lack of truth or process the amount of delusional loyalty.

Edited by viking mama

Can we just bring back baertschi and goldobin already? Sir the penalty killers/role players whatever. The Beagles, Sutters, Schallers whatever. Play the freaking skill guys that can put the freaking puck in the net for Crying out loud.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, ktcy2 said:

Can we just bring back baertschi and goldobin already? Sir the penalty killers/role players whatever. The Beagles, Sutters, Schallers whatever. Play the freaking skill guys that can put the freaking puck in the net for Crying out loud.

Leivo would be the most glaringly misused player thus far.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the effort was poor, but the execution sure was. They were 5 to 10% off the mark on countless passes, a quarter second to early or too late trying to swipe at rebounds, and not finding each other on the ice very well. It looked sloppy. Hopefully it's just a little bit of rust that will shake off soon

TBH we are playing better defensively compared to last year. Other than Myers horrible giveaway, we weren't too bad. Last year we would have been out shot 40 to 21. If our power play clicked just once the momentum would have changed, and we wouldn't be in desperation mode for the whole game. 

So most important thing is to rework the first unit pp. Give newell brown a good spanking. Then get leivo out of there an tell him to never set foot on the power play again. Put Hughes on the first unit because he is amazing AF. Put horvat back in. Load it up

Our first unit- Petey

Boeser

Horvat

Hughes

Edler or Myers

2nd unit- who the f cares when our first unit is gonna score.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Goldy they can justify because he hasn't proven a thing in the NHL and neither has Gaudette to be honest.

Sven being in the minors is downright outrageous and disgusting.

The guy is a proven bonafide NHL regular. He is a veteran who still is a 20 goal threat.

20 goal threat that's never scored 20 goals?

• Cheers 1