The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Oct. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, samurai said:

I thought perhaps after Bo, Gaudette was one of our best F's.   Liked Miller and Jake most of the time as well.  EP wasn't very good tonight on either side of the puck.  Hughes had a few rookie plays but overall the kid is impressive.  I liked Myers as well most of the night.   

Bo was not good tonight. 

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

You mean prime Lucic? Then I agree

If you mean today's Lucic, no thanks.

he still stirs it up and that’s something we are sorely missing so even present day Lucic would be an asset but if course I’d prefer prime Lucic. 

16 minutes ago, mpt said:

Leivo again on the PP1 but can barely make the 3rd line.  Ferland again throwing 0 hits.  Will be a long season if this trend continues

I commented earlier that Leivo is Green's equivelant to Desjardins' Jayson Megna.

Seriiously PP 1 for Leivo is very unflattering.

• Upvote 3

Put Gaudette in at Leivo's RH rover position on PP1.

The inability to take, or make a string of passes tells me that they are chasing the play.

At the very least they need to take the body more and force the other team to come and take the puck away, instead of just handing it over.

The game wasn't a blowout and Rittich made some great saves when he had to.

Game wasn't that bad, or team isn't as bad as people say.

And that Giordano dive.  WHAT IN THE...!

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

Should I go on?

How many more of that can you find? Everyone on the board knows boeser and Petey aren’t compatible. Good players aren’t always compatible. Petey needs another player who thinks the game the same way he does. I think Miller is a good fit 

• Wat 1

7 minutes ago, 6string said:

Gaudette who wasn't dressed for game one suddenly out of desperation Green deploys him on the second unit PP twice in the third.

Gaudette was one of the Nucks best players tonight - Green said so himself and if you didn't notice for that reason he was getting more shifts.   You should know by now that Green tends to play guys that are going just like every coach in the show.   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

They were saying he is 10 lbs lighter after getting sick

Well.... furland Is recovering/slow    ..  boeser missed part of camp then concussion protocol. .  Now looks scared and slow..... all 3 barley played together..... this is why line 1 is fumbling.

Edited by Snapshot85
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I am sick of all the apologetics spewing their "it's only game 2" nonsense. Low expectation, losers mentality.

Coming out of the gate limping is unacceptable, we can't be pissing away games like this. 

Also tired of coach Travis "Don't stick up for each other, take the PP" Green, and his hard on for all things Leivo and Schaller.

Puhleeze stop it people with the overrating of players! Leivo is terrible.

Newell Brown and Baumer, without the Orca they would be unemployed...sick of the mediocre coaching...if given the chance, this coaching staff will ruin EP.

And obviously the $#@!/ horseback riding (OMG) didn't translate into a win, maybe with the next 4 days off they can all gel together roasting marshmallows over a fire, and bond over a group hug and a sing-song of Kumbaya. 

Ok, I'm gonna chill now, in prime, passive west coast fashion....optimism shall abound! Maybe Loui might even draw back in! Woo hooo...

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!

Loui Ericsson not being in the lineup was the difference tonight.

They missed his energy,and vocal leadership.

Also his physical presence and shot on the pp.

• Haha 4

Just now, samurai said:

Gaudette was one of the Nucks best players tonight - Green said so himself and if you didn't notice for that reason he was getting more shifts.   You should know by now that Green tends to play guys that are going just like every coach in the show.   

But he didn't dress him for game one and they sent Baertschi down, who were a productive pair in preseason  lol

• Upvote 1

I think Green needs to rethink his personnel decisions.  It wasn't so annoying when he didn't have the horses to score or move the puck, but really, those excuses are now gone.  He's using what looks like midget level strategy at times on special teams, and while that may be fine at lower levels ... just give Elias the tablet to draw up some plays already!!  Couldn't be worse than what has been seen so far, and would probably be a whole lot better.