Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Oct. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

If it wasn’t for the Coyotes we would have been the first team to be shut out this year. I love Arizona.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I imagine even if Canucks wouldve added Leon and McDavid to the lineup this offseason, Brown would still manage to put Leivo on 1st PP unit just because he wants to "spread" the talent and have 3 PP units

Brown was talking of how well Leivo plays the bumper and how he is so good at puck retrievals.

4 hours ago, mpt said:

Leivo again on the PP1 but can barely make the 3rd line.  Ferland again throwing 0 hits.  Will be a long season if this trend continues

Leivo had as many shifts as Horvat/Pettersson and played over 17 minutes.  

Edited by mll

Just watched the recorded version. Not many positives when you’re team doesn’t score, but Jake played well. 

The three behind hind the bench need to get it together. PP can’t be this and when you have guys like Brock, Petey, Hughes and Bo.

Pick up the physicality and ffs guys can’t stick up for each other every now and then. 

Bring back Baer, other guys NEED to go to Utica

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

You know there is a major space between all is good and panic right? Relax... it's two games ffs...

Kind of agree, but the team should’ve been ready at the start of the season, not four five games in. 

Have to give coaching staff staff a little fault for this. Should’ve prepared better during pre season. Ya Ferland and Brock were sick, but it shouldn’t be an excuse.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

don't care what hater say bring up goldobin and play him with petey.. send eriksson down.. i don't care if Goldobin is not a 200 foot player.. at least he has chemistry with Pettersson when they played together.. literally the only player on this roster that's even close to Pettersson in terms of thinking the game.. they can let the other lines work out the kinks.. 2 games in EP looks invisible.. the line combination ain't working and once again we are struggling for goals and making every goalie look like Brodeur in his prime.. and our PP is god awful.. Send Eriksson down he needs to ride the bus and not collect his paycheque in the press box..

I don't trust any unproved AHL players.

The third was quite a push too...and an empty net goal makes the score look like the game was a little lopsided.   6 SOG from Myers and 4 from Hughes ... they keep it up and some will go in. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I want Baerstchi back. Surely he's better than some on this roster? 

Leivo.   TGs Megna.   Don’t get it.   The experiments gone on too long (Bear up, Leivo down.  It’s early still I’m sure he’d also clear waivers).    Want offense on your PP - play your best players.  

4 hours ago, xereau said:

Captain, oh my Captain...

giphy.gif

Myers might just be my new favourite Canuck.   Don’t care if this was embellished (debatable) - it looks hilarious.  Stay away from our bench. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, logic said:

Myers made a good impression on me tonight, I will say even though we aren't clicking in terms of puck luck, passing, and shooting the boys look like an actual 'team' that cares about one another and that goes a long way throughout the course of 82 games.

The season is a marathon and its better not to peak to early in the year.

Go flower power.  Peace, love and all that nonsense.  Typical west coast passiveness.   We’re 0-2 and we look terrible. WTF are you guys talking about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sxqhfeh said:

I don't trust any unproved AHL players.

You mean virtanen? 0.4ppg in the nhl over 100 games shows he can play in the nhl offensively.. defensively is a different problem. I take a player that can produce but sucks at defense over a player that's good at defense but cant score if his life depends on it. You cant win if you dont score and as good as you are defensively you cant stop them all.

• Upvote 1

I hate the Flames but at least they stand up for there teammates.

• Upvote 1

My takeaways:

- Sutter, Boeser, Taney and Stecher all had really bad games IMO, I know it’s early but still troubling 

- Bottom six is nowhere near the needed level for a playoff team, I don’t understand how JB and the coaches don’t see that, we do have lots of better options than this lineup

- good to see Lucic already becoming an anchor for the lames, what is it, 4 years left with a NMC? Good luck with that one. 

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

You mean virtanen? 0.4ppg in the nhl over 100 games shows he can play in the nhl offensively.. defensively is a different problem. I take a player that can produce but sucks at defense over a player that's good at defense but cant score if his life depends on it. You cant win if you dont score and as good as you are defensively you cant stop them all.

You need forwards who can play defense though. Virtanen can be effective throughout the lineup because he has the capability of playing physical, which is another aspect entirely. Someone like Goldobin needs to play in the top 6 to be effective. He can't be used defensively and isn't physical.  Boeser is like this too but he is a lot more talented and consistent than Goldobin throughout his career(Not for the first 2 games though)

If the player's only capable of playing offensive and doesn't score he isn't doing anything. Just wasting time. We need productiveness at some level whether it be physically, defensively or offensively at a consistent and good enough level. The players who are capable of doing more than one thing are pretty valuable.

Guys like Sutter and Beagle for example play a key role on our team because they are utilized strictly for defensive purposes which allows guys like Bo and Gaudette more freedom offensively which benefits the team since they are better and should be used more so in that regard rather than in the defensive zone. Leave that to the defensive guys.

In regards to Eriksson yeah sit him out. We got guys who are more effective that can be on that 4th line (ie. Motte/Leivo hell even Schaller plays harder)

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Specz said:

Dare I say...for the second game in a row, we were outcoached again?

I'va talked about this last year but always got "rebuilding team" back. But Green/Benning might want that 1st draft pick this year...

Remember that if Green is the problem all the $&!# talk about your own players is useless. 

• Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, VforVirtanen said:

The Miller, Pettersson and Virtanen line looked great at the end of the game. Hope they stick with it for a while. 

Petey needs someone that can work hard and create space so it might be a good idea. Better than the current...