Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

OR get really wild...

Pearson-EP40-Boes

Sven B.- Horvat-Leivo

Ferland-Miller-Virtanen

NO Leivo please.   That’s awful.   

Aside from the PP everything is fine.   We out chanced a good team, or at least on par.  Markstrom was great again, Rittich was greater.    Hughes was better, and is already showing why he was so coveted by the team in the first place.  Myers and Miller are also showing their worth and Benn isn’t noticeable in a good way.  

Seriously I don’t know what game some posters watched - the play was mostly even and we kept up with the leagues second best offense last year, chance per chance - both teams hit a post too.  

JV was better - and with AG, think LEs days are definitely numbered, especially when Roussel is back.   Maybe JV knows he could be “Huttoned” out and his effort will be this high every game going forward (and if so expect him to score over 20 this year).  

The second period wasn’t good.   The third period definitely hand some jump, had CAL on their heels a bit, just couldn’t score.  

Pearson is a beast and keeping his spot on the second line.  EPs line doesn’t look as effective but they are also making things easier on Horvats line playing against the best most shifts. 

Seriously if our PP was an “average” 20% we should have got one or two out of it...that’s the difference in the game right there.   The PP coach needs to see the door, id play Hughes as forward and scrap Leivo - completely for Bear.   Or have Hughes run it and Bear upfront.  Being saying this since the start of the pre-season - and got lambasted for it a bit - Levi’s is to TG what Megna was to WD.  How is this guy still getting these special minutes over proven vets and guys like JV?  

Watch him get a hat trick next game ha ha.   

At least we play LA next...and get some ceremonies coming up.  It sucks we lost the first two, but the scores weren’t indicative to the overall play either.    Keep that up and we will get our wins.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, J-P said:

My takeaways:

- Sutter, Boeser, Taney and Stecher all had really bad games IMO, I know it’s early but still troubling 

- Bottom six is nowhere near the needed level for a playoff team, I don’t understand how JB and the coaches don’t see that, we do have lots of better options than this lineup

- good to see Lucic already becoming an anchor for the lames, what is it, 4 years left with a NMC? Good luck with that one. 

2 games down and 80 more to go.  I will let you work out what % of the season is now over.

Standard saying when they lose - "It's only _______ games in, don't panic"  LOL

Meanwhile Edm 4 points - Canucks 0 points, they count just as much now. 

How do you make playoff's, take a guess

Edited by Canckelhead

7 hours ago, TheInsideScoop said:

I think this is a chemistry thing, and getting into a groove. Once this happens, we will be good. I think it'll take some time for things to smooth out.

A lot of people on here seem to forget the massive personnel changes on our roster. I will say Green should have had a better understanding of this, and worked out training camp accordingly. Now we'll need to get this done at the start of the season...... and it's showing

Good news is, we have some days off to realign our chi ;)

Agreed! I’ve been saying the same thing...there was a lot change, so it takes time. They’ll be fine! 

The extremes that that some people go to after 2 games is shocking to say the least! 

• Cheers 1

We have the right to be disappointed, not the start we were waiting for. 

Keep positive: 1st line will show up, 2nd line is already in good shape, Marky seems to be on point and we will have more from our core. 

Plus: we'll have a new C and I really hope this will give an extra motivation to the team. 

How many hits have we had in 2 games? This team (Forwards) is not the playing inspired motivated hockey. Just a bunch of guys going through the motions to collect their paycheques

that’s the environment coach Meh has created. No energy personally, no passion when he speaks, rationalizes all that happens 

Coach Ghandi preaches peace and love on the ice and it shows. Heaven forbid this team ever fights back and throws a hit. 

the only guys that I see that have played with any degree of passion this year are our on our backend including Marky. Our forwards have all been underwhelming and playing a confused and disjointed out of sync style with frankly no apparent game plan.

it seems that there was zero off season plan on how the front end would be organized, how lines would look and there certainly was no use of game time playing together. 

it’s only 2 games but 0-2 with the forwards looking pathetic. This team will not go to the playoffs under Green. He is at best a rebuild type coach. Please get him out before we burn valuable years on our key players contracts 

9 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

May I remind you where the blues sat on January second?

You think we are anywhere near where the Blues are as a team? 

so the strategy is to play pathetically and lull everyone to sleep then actually find an offence, coach and power play and aggressive playing style in the new year?

gotcha 

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

You know there is a major space between all is good and panic right? Relax... it's two games ffs...

It’s one thing to be 0-2 but there are serious red flags:

- crap power play as usual, zero improvement - I would guess lowest body check rate in the league 

- how many too many men penalties so far?

- severe lack of offence 

- continued losing in the road

- “bigger” team playing as small as ever 

honestly Edler and Quinn are the only 2 that have stood out in 2 games 

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You think we are anywhere near where the Blues are as a team? 

so the strategy is to play pathetically and lull everyone to sleep then actually find an offence, coach and power play and aggressive playing style in the new year?

gotcha 

No i dont think we can win a cup after being last on jan 2. 

I also dont think we should fold the franchise after losing 2 games. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

No i dont think we can win a cup after being last on jan 2. 

I also dont think we should fold the franchise after losing 2 games. 

Any good coach looks at the team critically after every game and does an honest evaluation of what needs to change. Otherwise you are left with the status quo and look how that has worked for us.

Every time Green just accepts the status quo and we all hope for different on ice results. listen to his dribble during press conferences. This team is not evolving under Green. 

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Any good coach looks at the team critically after every game and does an honest evaluation of what needs to change. Otherwise you are left with the status quo and look how that has worked for us.

Every time Green just accepts the status quo and we all hope for different on ice results. listen to his dribble during press conferences. This team is not evolving under Green. 

Lets hear a list of your suggestions hotshot. All ive seen so far is bitching and moaning lol. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Maginator said:

Bear - Petey - Miller

Pearson - Bo - Brock

Ferland - Gaud - Virtanen 

Sutter - Beagle - Leivo

Eventually subbing Rousell & Motte in when healthy. 

Better but I am starting to question Pearson. Is he really a top 6 player? 

I also wonder if Leivo is a keeper. He is not a top 9 guy and he is not a defensive player. 

Beagle And Sutter are invisible this year and seem a step behind at all times. Seems like the speed of today’s game has passed them by 

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Lets hear a list of your suggestions hotshot. All ive seen so far is bitching and moaning lol. 

-Take schaller out of the lineup and get Baer in

- play 1 solid power play unit for the majority of the power play instead of 2 bad units. Bo, Petey, Brock, Miller, Hughes 

- light a fire under the entire offence.... this is not capable under Ghandi. No passion, no fire no physical play.
- move Leivo out of the top 6 

- trade Sutter and Beagle 

- test every mm of flex in our sticks before a key shift 

- try to play with the legal amount of players on the ice

-shorten the bench when we are behind instead of rolling 4 lines...actual in game management 

we do not have a coaching staff that has demonstrated they can mage their above 

Some criticism is fair. 

The PP looked awful and they still look like a team in the preseason trying to figure out the schemes.  

I don't know how Schaller keeps getting in the lineup.

The criticism is way over the top though.  Calgary was best team in the west last year.  As much as we hate to admit it that is a good team and we were putting most good scoring chances over the net. 

If not for the bad giveaway from Myer's would have been very different game.

I thought the rookies were two of our best players.

Hughes was dynamic but sometimes struggled off the puck.  I don't think Tanev is going to work out as a partner for too long though.  

Gaudette looked great.  He was consistently one of the most dangerous Canucks.  Green/Benning needs to find a way to keep him in the lineup and I would like to see Baer back on his wing.

It was good seeing the Quotes from Ferland about Jake and it actually looked like it helped.  Once he got himself engaged physically he was one of the better forwards.

You can see what the puzzle is going to look like when it comes together but a lot of work to be done.  We need some of the Petterson swagger to get us going.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

So..exciting news

Utica won 4-3 tonight

Cole Lind with 3 helpers

Brisebois with a goal

Nice job fellows

don't want to jinx him, but Kole Lind can play hockey and play it well....he will be a call up when injuries hit.

• Cheers 2