The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Oct. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Louie Erickson was warming up last night because someone was questionable to play .

any guesses ?

IMO - Ferland with 0 hits against his former team. Reminiscent of a Messier in a Canucks uniform performance.

Yeah the whole team 

• Haha 1

Well that was ugly.  I expected it to take a while to gel.  But that powerplay should look a lot better.  It looks worse if even possible. 

Newel Brown must have pictures or something how does this guy keep a job.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Or at least give him 10-15 games where he gets tons of ice time. I hope Gads improves too. 

You know Ghost

I think that for a lot of guys a year of domination

(not to say Lind is dominating)

Is a good thing, especially if you are an offensive player

I think you have to develop instincts at a faster and faster level

Until it becomes automatic....basically, it becomes your new "normal"

I think that takes time. Derailing it when you are not ready, is not a good thing. IMO

This is his 2nd year, just let him percolate and develop

I do not want him near, Baumgartner or Newell Brown

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Louie Erickson was warming up last night because someone was questionable to play .

any guesses ?

IMO - Ferland with 0 hits against his former team. Reminiscent of a Messier in a Canucks uniform performance.

Ferland lined up Brodie after Lucic took a few shots at Edler. Brodie escaped tho fearing for his life lol. Then later Ferland hit a Calgary forward I think it was Ryan. He had at least that one hit. I missed the second period but ya he isn't gelling well on that top line.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I'm sad I missed this live :lol:

Myers is a beast I love it

Nucks should be doing this more.  Add a little more grit to the skill.  Myers, Ferland, maybe JV (if he ever develops a mean streak), Roussel (when he gets back).  Need more pushback and hits.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I love the new attitude. 

2 posts and 2 guys missing open nets... what can you do? another one they could have won. I thought they looked better than the EDM game.

The only thing i don't like is Leivo on PP!, I don't really get that. 

I know this sounds stupid

But...………...

Maybe they should play Hughes as a forward on the #1 PP

I think his IQ/skating would match up with EP

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'm sad I missed this live :lol:

Myers is a beast I love it

Myers is weak for his size, he got hit and didnt like it. Should have manned up, showed his new team he was pissed and fought the guy like a Man.

Overall not surprised with the slow start, Players need time to gel and get into game shape. Our PP needs a complete makeover, Newell Brown needs to go. If we continue to struggle over the next few games I would role with this as our top 6...

Ferland EP Miller

Sven Bo Boeser

Sven is a slick playmaker, I truly believe he is missed on the PP. He has good chemistry with Bo, I think having 2 bigger wingers with EP is smart, they both can score and should both be finishing their checks more.

Hughes should be on the 1st PP unit, that is where you can re unite Brock with EP. Problem I see with Brock so far is he is stationary and the plays we are trying to make are all to predictable on the PP. You need a good PP if you don't it's going to be a struggle to be competitive later in the season.

3 day break, lots of time for much needed practice!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

I like your 5 x 5 lines - Horvats line needs a few more games the way it is though - same with the top line.   Miller is already a big commodity in the top six (was pretty sure he would be - and then completely sold in the pre-season, he’s maybe our best board guy and a great passer) id do this if the first line needs a spark - but hope they won’t need it - because Horvat also deserves a guy like him on his line.   Pearson is playing above his pay grade with him and I have a suspicion one of those guys playing on their off wing might make things difficult (would try Bear first) but you never know.

Ferland will pick it up - so will BB.  Both didn’t get enough/much camp in...think LA will be different...they also play CAL just before us - we will be pretty fresh.

Its only 2 games but unless it changes over the next few games bells will be ringing.

Get Baer on with Bo. Maybe with Pearson and consider Miller instead of Ferland. I love Pearsons tenacity. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Myers is weak for his size, he got hit and didnt like it. Should have manned up, showed his new team he was pissed and fought the guy like a Man.

Sven is a slick playmaker, I truly believe he is missed on the PP. He has good chemistry with Bo, I think having 2 bigger wingers with EP is smart, they both can score and should both be finishing their checks more.

Hughes should be on the 1st PP unit, that is where you can re unite Brock with EP. Problem I see with Brock so far is he is stationary and the plays we are trying to make are all to predictable on the PP. You need a good PP if you don't it's going to be a struggle to be competitive later in the season.

3 day break, lots of time for much needed practice!

I don't believe he should have "fought"....dirty sometimes calls for dirty.  Guy's playing like a punk?   Got a good crosscheck that sent him flying on his ass.  A little humiliation to send the message.

I loved it.

I do agree about Baer, 100%.

Brock is stationary but he also moves to a position where they don't know it he's lining up to shoot or not.  So he isn't too mobile...but he always moves with the puck.  Trouble is, it's a subtle/slower inching over that allows the other guys to set up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I know this sounds stupid

But...………...

Maybe they should play Hughes as a forward on the #1 PP

I think his IQ/skating would match up with EP

makes more sense than replacing Brock at the point with Leivo. Someone explain that to me please, is there a reason that makes sense? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Jake was pretty physical last night. Not in an "open ice hit" way but on the boards and in scrums he used his size well.  Ferland is still getting his legs under him after that illness and missing a bunch of pre-season.    

He was "involved" and it was good to see.  

• Upvote 3