The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Oct. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

No panic button, dead serious Yet another game where Coach Green has failed to prepare the team for the task 

at hand. Can anyone explain the almost total lack of aggression on the team level? I can, the coach failed to 

prepare the team.... Again. We were man handled all. night. long.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Shirotashi said:

No panic button, dead serious Yet another game where Coach Green has failed to prepare the team for the task 

at hand. Can anyone explain the almost total lack of aggression on the team level? I can, the coach failed to 

prepare the team.... Again. We were man handled all. night. long.

Green will be in the hot seat if this continues. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“We’ve got to be better. That’s it. We had scoring chances, we had looks, we just have to finish. There’s no secret we have to find a way.” - Pettersson

What does that mean? Why not be the best then and win the cup if that’s how words work.

• Wat 1

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

Did lazy Jake even play in this game and is even still with the team?  Never noticed him once.......

He battled harder than his usual amount tonight. Not that that says a ton, but at least it's something.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

Wonder what it would take to get Green to switch out Miller and Brock?

And where in hell is Thomas Vanek when we need him?  Our power play is simply not clicking.

PK looks good

Other then that  -  I'm off to find another drink.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“We’ve got to be better. That’s it. We had scoring chances, we had looks, we just have to finish. There’s no secret we have to find a way.” - Pettersson

What does that mean? Why not be the best then and win the cup if that’s how words work.

Horrible. Breakouts were sloppy all game -- passes off the mark. 3 goals against on 3 turnovers.

Both Virtanen and Hughes with posts. Could've been a different game but Canuck luck.

At least the Canucks have a little pushback as evidenced by Myers and Gaudette.

Virtanen was physical in front of the net and looked really good tonight -- not sure why coach Green keeps him stapled to the bench.

A third line of Roussel, Gaudette, and Virtanen would be an energy line that can creat offense and play physical. 

There should be some personnel changes in the Top-6 as well. I like Ferland with Pettersson, and I think Boeser works better with Horvat. Maybe swap Miller and Boeser? Gives Petey two big bodies who can get him the puck, and Miller can create offense as well. 

One thing for sure -- Leivo should not be on the poweplay, period. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

I have a lot of hate love for this team. Coaching staff needs to go. Miller is a beaut 

Don't worry - we all know TG is an interim coach and yes the assistants are absolutely hopeless!  Especially the PP coach!!!!!

• Upvote 1