The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Alex Biega to the Red Wings for David Pope

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Man the 70's had some weird(but awesome) tunes. So my pick for 2019-20 entrance tune? "Dead Skunk In The Middle Of The Road"!

yeah the 70s were something. I'd go with this tune

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Who the hell is this guy? probably straight to the minors

yup echl likely for the rest of the year then non tender him to let him become a ufa in the summer, would be my guess. But who knows, maybe a change of scenery will ignite a fire in him to prove he isn't just a throw in contract in the deal?

Go to HFBoards...there are Canuck fans whining like babies about the loss of Biega...wow that is quite funny to read.

I mean dont get me wrong, like the guy, great teammate, hard worker good mentor but the team chose to move on and go younger with their depth D. So they did him a solid and we took an ECHL expiring contract back to help him out and say Thank You Biega for all that you did for us!

I’m hopeful to see a very classy standing ovation for Alex if he returns to Rogers Arena in a Detroit uniform.

His tenure with us was nothing but Grade A, his dedication and high effort level will rub off well with a younger developing Wings club.

Best wishes, health, happiness, and prosperity.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

On 10/6/2019 at 8:58 PM, canuck2288 said:

I will miss the effort Biega brought each night he played for us 

guys like Jake need to learn from a guy like Biega. Not a big speed guy but makes up for it with gritty hard work. Imagine if you had speed and size with his grit? 

wish him nothing but the best, hope he squeezes as much time in the big leagues as he can 

You know, as far as JV goes, there's enough "compete" guys on the team now that all he has to do is take his final step but he will I'm pretty sure of it and he needs some push from the rest of the team, not just Greener.

Actually I hope Bo steps up and challenges him some..

Whatever it takes... He has the tools..

Edited by iceman64

5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

yup echl likely for the rest of the year then non tender him to let him become a ufa in the summer, would be my guess. But who knows, maybe a change of scenery will ignite a fire in him to prove he isn't just a throw in contract in the deal?

Ermmm the wings took a chance on him for a reason and I'm betting he is going to turn some heads after the typical adjustment time, big guy who can score, has a pretty good shot as well.  JB will give him a shot..

Hmmmm, had a look at what I could find on youtube and only noticed 1 for Pope, in a shootout goal against chase perry and scored what appears to be a goal scorers goal, yeah it's just a 1 vid on youtube and hardly anything to get excited about but I hope we at least got someone who turns into an asset so we didn't give up Bulldog for nothing..

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+david+pope+best+goal%3b&&view=detail&mid=6D5821A11C31438BD8BE6D5821A11C31438BD8BE&&FORM=VDRVRV

Edited by iceman64