The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Kings @ Canucks 7pm Oct 9th 2019 - Home Opener/Captain's Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

I agree. You could see the change in Jakes game when he was paired with Gaudette. They feed well off eachother. He looked like the player we need him to be in the Calgary game.  We cant keep pairing him with Beagle or Sutter because he someone shifts into cautious mode when hes with those too, almost as if hes expected to sit back and play the trap checking game. 

They don't even remotely play a trap game

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Me lovesey some west coast express! :wub:

Me too!  Have a nice, framed picture of them....those days were FUN (too).

Well, countdown's on.   How on earth are people expected to work today?  "Yes boss, I did file for the power play, permit...I mean permit".

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too!  Have a nice, framed picture of them....those days were FUN (too).

Well, countdown's on.   How on earth are people expected to work today?  "Yes boss, I did file for the power play, permit...I mean permit".

Yeah, I'm already posting from work. My boss is a Montreal fan, so I have to be discrete after she gets in.

• Haha 1

Most of the people in my fantasy league have like 2 or 3 players playing tonight!! I have 3 on the canucks alone (Bo, Boeser and Hughes, plus my brother has EP) so I'd love an offensive explosion!!!!! Hoping for a win no matter the fantasy results of course, but should be a fun ride nonethelsss. Let's hope the effort and drive is there tonight, and that some lines start clicking!

5-1 win.

Bo with a hatty in his first game with the C

EP

Leivo

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2019 at 4:06 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

O Captain! My Captain!

DdnO8u5VwAALeg-.jpg?resize=422,422&ssl=1

Honestly ditch that stupid orca logo and go with this the rest of the season. This is the best logo in canucks history and they should wear this jersey again. They keep changing the color scheme on orca jerseys or adding or removing "vancouver" on it and it still doesnt look as good as the Canucks old vintage flying skate logo. Maybe a complete change in logo and jersey might change Canucks luck.

• Like 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Honestly ditch that stupid orca logo and go with this the rest of the season. This is the best logo in canucks history and they should wear this jersey again. They keep changing the color scheme on orca jerseys or adding or removing "vancouver" on it and it still doesnt look as good as the Canucks old vintage flying skate logo. Maybe a complete change in logo and jersey might change Canucks luck.

Hopefully they release Horvat skate jerseys with the C once the announcement is made.

31 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

This is the guy we need to be hiring to replace Newell..

Should hire Phil Housley from Arizona, assistant coach can help with the D and PP, he'd be perfect for Hughes.  

On 10/7/2019 at 9:15 PM, Viper007 said:

It's the players who aren't performing to their standards at the moment.  Can't just blame the PP coach.  Too early in the season to determine if it's the right personnel or not.  Personally I would like to see Hughes man the point on the first unit.  A little more creativity, movement and unpredictability.

No its Newell Brown who has kept the PP intact and in fact made it worse by dropping Horvat to 2nd PP unit and promoting Leivo to 1st PP unit even after we added 4 better players than Leivo in offseason. Its like having machine guns for the war but taking a pistol instead because you want to use your machine guns as a backup in case you run out of bullets. When we can put Hughes, Myers, Horvat etc. on the 1st unit, you do it.

So, I had to PVR Saturday's game (@ CGY), because I wasn't able to watch it. It was pretty difficult watching a full game, knowing the Canucks would lose 3-0, not scoring any goals. But I wanted to see it for myself. I thought they played pretty well, generated over 30 shots again. I watched that last night. Several players had a [pretty good ganme (Myers, Virtanen, Gaudette, Leivo, etc.), while some didn't play as well as they could (Sutter, Beagle, Schaller)  

I see Green is juggling all of the lines again for tonight's game. It looks like Bo will centre the top line with Pearson and Leivo. Perhaps this is the way they'll go?, as Bo will be the new captain. Pettersson looks overhwelmed again, no time and space. Maybe playing on the 2nd line with Miller will help him out. Hughes is great, love his skating and smarts. I also really like Myers, such a great skater for a big man, good passer, has a booming shot. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Should hire Phil Housley from Arizona, assistant coach can help with the D and PP, he'd be perfect for Hughes.  

Yep, I mean after all changes we made in the offswason still ends ups with same results or worse than last season, then the assistant coach and PP coach needs to be fired. 

10 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yeah, it's not as if hockey was a team game. I am sure that when you are sitting on your couch playing hockey and you acquire new players, they instantly have big impacts.

And when a team which includes the best player in the world goes 3 and 0, partly on the strength of a player who scored 7 goals all last season scoring 6 goals in his first 3 games, well that must be absolute proof of something, right?

After all, sample size only has meaning to geeks, right? No doubt Neal will continue to average 2 goals per game and the Oil will go 82 and 0 this season.

Canucks need this win or we are 6 points down on a division rival fighting for the same wildcard playoff spot. Anahiem off to a hot start as well.