The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Kings @ Canucks 7pm Oct 9th 2019 - Home Opener/Captain's Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

26 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

No thanks.

Not after seeing the job he did in Buffalo.

Well he'd be an assistant and Buffalo continues to suck so I don't think it was all on him.  We need a assistant to replace Baumer and Brown and he could handle both the PP and defense.  

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

I wonder how many former captains will be there then if Nazzy's coming.

Hank, Nazzy, Trev, (certainly not Mess), Steamer, others?

I'd say it's a good bet everyone in the "captains picture" is there tonight.   It would be freakin' awesome if Bobby Lu showed up as well.

Edit - well apparently no Nazzy, which means Trev probably won't be there either :(

Edited by Cali Canuck
More Info
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

It baffles me how brown has run a poor powerplay for years now and hasn’t been canned

Here is the PP ranking for teams where NB was the primary PP coach.

10-11 Canucks 1st

11-12 Canucks 4th

12-13 Canucks 22nd

13-14 Coyotes 4th

14-15 Coyotes 7th

15-16 Coyotes 20th

16-17 Coyotes 26th

17-18 Canucks 9th

18-19 Canucks 22nd

Top 10 in 5 of the 9 seasons i'd say is pretty damn good and more than likely its the players trying to execute the PP rather than the system itself that causes the down seasons. Also funny to note that he seems to do really well his first season or 2 with a team and then it goes south which again I have to blame more on personnel than the coach. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, apollo said:

As his former #1 fan, I'll gladly say... Hard pass on Roberto Florida. 

This is the world's most iconic franchise and he clearly didn't respect the fans that cheered for him 30+ times a game for a decade. 

Show me one other instance in any sport that a guy got cheered for as much as our city cheered for Lui and I'll change my mind. 

He didn't care about us die hards and now I can't respect the man he's become. 

Sure he's a first ballot hall of famer in my books... But he didn't do it on his own... His success was because of our city and our Legends (Sedins, burr, juice, etc)

I don't think the franchise should ever honor him after hitting us with the 3mill x 3 cap hit. 

"World most iconic franchise"

I love this team too but holy **** LOL.

Roberto did all he could for this franchise.  He was as classy as they come.  Do I love what he just did to us?  Absolutely not.  But this was the risk we took when our team offered him the contract.

Dont be so entitled.  Louie doesnt owe you or anyone else anything,  he never asked to be traded from the Panthers to begin with.  The entire time he played in Vancouver his wife stayed home in Florida,  that must have been hard being apart for most of the year.  I can understand why he would want to go back.