The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Kings @ Canucks 7pm Oct 9th 2019 - Home Opener/Captain's Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

41 minutes ago, apollo said:

As his former #1 fan, I'll gladly say... Hard pass on Roberto Florida. 

This is the world's most iconic franchise and he clearly didn't respect the fans that cheered for him 30+ times a game for a decade. 

Show me one other instance in any sport that a guy got cheered for as much as our city cheered for Lui and I'll change my mind. 

He didn't care about us die hards and now I can't respect the man he's become. 

Sure he's a first ballot hall of famer in my books... But he didn't do it on his own... His success was because of our city and our Legends (Sedins, burr, juice, etc)

I don't think the franchise should ever honor him after hitting us with the 3mill x 3 cap hit. 

Lou's a class act, I dont blame him for retiring instead of faking a injury like the rest of the league. We traded him and we got his best years, don't retire his jersey but I think hes ring of honour material.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Any one of these team athletes were cheered for as much (or FAR more) than Lu was here imo.  Not saying we didn't cheer for Lu, we did, but let's be real, other athletes are more beloved by their fans than Lu is here: 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/741676-the-100-most-beloved-athletes-in-sports-history#slide1

Umm - you should have included a spoiler alert -  Messier was on the list :angry::mad:  #55 or #56   Gretz was #22 Gordie was #16.  Stevie Y & Mario were the other hockey players I remembered.  Jackie Robinson #1, Jordan #2 Babe Ruth #3   Favourite random thing - Farrah Fawcett was in Joe Nameth's picture ::D

2 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

Honestly ditch that stupid orca logo and go with this the rest of the season. This is the best logo in canucks history and they should wear this jersey again. They keep changing the color scheme on orca jerseys or adding or removing "vancouver" on it and it still doesnt look as good as the Canucks old vintage flying skate logo. Maybe a complete change in logo and jersey might change Canucks luck.

An old friend just saw a picture I'd posted of my Mom in her old skate logo Canucks jacket.  He offered me one/his...for free.  Provided I wear it with pride (duh).

I LOVE that skate logo.  Plus, the colours a bit more intimidating.  That picture is awesome.

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

My favorite Canucks moment as a kid.  Have never felt this level of happiness as a Canucks fan since.   This almost brought me to tears I was so happy,  will never forget that goal.

Only to have my heart ripped out in OT.

Same - complete gut punch game.  Even worse one of my favourite ex-Canucks Martin Gelinas scored the OT winner.  Even worse Canada wins the World Cup in September and a day or two later Bettman locks out the players & we lose the whole f'ing season.  God 2004 was an awful year for Canuck / hockey fans.

47 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

I'd say it's a good bet everyone in the "captains picture" is there tonight.   It would be freakin' awesome if Bobby Lu showed up as well.

Edit - well apparently no Nazzy, which means Trev probably won't be there either :(

Why?  Are they joined at the hip?

I think Trev will be there.  He is a legendary captain, has a lot of class, loves his team/fans and knows that it would mean so much to Bo.

6 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I'd take Vanek on a 1 year deal in a heart beat. Loved the guy when he was here!

In my opinion Boeser played his best hockey as a Canuck beside Vanek.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

In my opinion Boeser played his best hockey as a Canuck beside Vanek.

I agree, he seemed to really take him under his wing. To get Boeser another year of that would be pretty sweet. With his known chemisty who knows maybe they will take a swing at him. Marleau just signed with the Sharks as they were struggling to score out of the gate too...

18 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Why?  Are they joined at the hip?

I think Trev will be there.  He is a legendary captain, has a lot of class, loves his team/fans and knows that it would mean so much to Bo.

Trev's exit as President was pretty rough and Trev & Nazzy are BFFs.  Trev was away on "business" when they retired Pavel's jersey, Nazzy flew all the way from Sweden to be there.  Just a feeling no Nazzy = no Trev.  I hope I'm wrong.

25 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Same - complete gut punch game.  Even worse one of my favourite ex-Canucks Martin Gelinas scored the OT winner.  Even worse Canada wins the World Cup in September and a day or two later Bettman locks out the players & we lose the whole f'ing season.  God 2004 was an awful year for Canuck / hockey fans.

Ha, me too re Gelinas.  LOVED him.  (Burr reminded me a bit of him at times).