Sign in to follow this  
xereau

[GDT] Kings @ Canucks 7pm Oct 9th 2019 - Home Opener/Captain's Edition

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, apollo said:

The guy had 3 separate nagging injuries in his final season... He retired because his body was no longer up to it and his INJURIES were too severe. He should have just gone on IR but Florida had a vandetta with us and lui still was sour. 

The board of governors also decided the same on the Hossa contract which was even more front loaded than Louis, yet Chicago has no cap penalty because Marian just went on IR and no cap penalty for Chicago... Arizona used Hossa to their advantage to get to the cap 

Yet here we are... 3 mill for 3 years 

lol you know what we are lucky he did it this year  it could of been 4..5 for 2 or 7 something for a year   , which one do you prefer  ?   I know none  but it is what it is 

• Hydration 1

27 minutes ago, fecklund said:

Turn yer Turban into a Turbine yo! :towel:

Drake voice “ girl don’t tempt me “ ::D

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

A simple Quinn works for me. 

Still too casual for me, should be Mr. Hughes. 

Just plain old Q

Q is a fictional character as well as the name of a race in Star Trek. He is an extra-dimensional being of unknown origin who possesses immeasurable power over normal human notions of time, space, the laws of physics, and reality itself, being capable of altering it to his whim.

Sounds about right lol Him and Petey are from another planet

• Upvote 1

6 - 0 Kings!!!!!!!!!!!

Just testing a theory!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

Back in the day you got a dirty look if you weren't loud enough!

• Haha 1

Canucks night = beer night.......woohoo!!!!!!

• Hydration 1

21 minutes ago, Heretic said:

6 - 0 Kings!!!!!!!!!!!

Just testing a theory!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canuck are 0 for 1 every time I make enchiladas, tonight I’m making tacos.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Love it!!! Interesting ...

Kurtanbach, Quinn and Tallon in the lineup. Charlie Hodge on the bench with George Gardiner in net, who only played 18 games in 1970. Was surprised to find out Paiement had 34 goals and 28 assists that season.

And whoever wrote that had pretty good handwriting. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Love it!!! Interesting ...

Kurtanbach, Quinn and Tallon in the lineup. Charlie Hodge on the bench with George Gardiner in net, who only played 18 games in 1970. Was surprised to find out Paiement had 34 goals and 28 assists that season.

And whoever wrote that had pretty good handwriting

....and didn't know how to spell "Wilkins" (Wilkens - sic) -  the guy who scored the very first goal for the franchise. 

• Haha 1

I'm thinking that with Miller playing with Petey and Boeser and then Leivo and Pearson with Horvat, Howvat needs some additional skill on his line. Kinda like the skill that is Utica named Bear Cheese.

May as well get it over and waive LE because he has no value to this team anyway. 

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Any one of these team athletes were cheered for as much (or FAR more) than Lu was here imo.  Not saying we didn't cheer for Lu, we did, but let's be real, other athletes are more beloved by their fans than Lu is here: 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/741676-the-100-most-beloved-athletes-in-sports-history#slide1

I scrolled through that entire list... And I absolutely can not find a single guy that got cheered on more times than Roberto did. Beloved overall, yea maybe a lot of guys on that list were more "beloved"... Heck there's countless Canucks that I would say were more beloved during their tenure here but no one got the kings treatment from the fans like Roberto did. 

I'm talking about cheering specifically. we changed the game entirely with Luongo when it came to straight up cheering for him 

I can't find a single player that was cheered on for 30+ times during every single game for a decade. Every single save we cheered him loud and proud and that's why I'm upset by his decision 

And it wasn't even only for the 41 home games that 18,500 vancouverites would "Luuuuu" and chear him on... There was countless rinks on the road, that our loyal fans would travel too and Luuuuu him there too 30x a game. 

There's no athlete in the history of sports that got more "individual cheers" than Luongo did when he became a Canuck. 

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Apollo, blame Dale Tallon. He threatened Luongo that if he chose LTIR instead of retirement, he would on paper send him down to the minors. And that would damage his legacy and status in the league.

There is a more detailed video on YouTube about this by legorocks99. Search “How Dale Tallon screwed himself out of Panarin.” It’s a good video, I don’t blame Lou at all for this. But &^@# Tallon. We drafted him, gave him the chance to break into the league and that’s how he treats us. Tallon should be the former Canuck that we should never respect again.

I'm with u totally I don't like Tallon one bit. But iono about a grown man that made over 100 million doesn't have the confidence to stand up to a threat. I just don't buy that he was threatened into the decision. He was still sour over what happened between him aquaman Gillis torts and Co but those 3 weren't the 18500 fans that cheered for him 30x a game for a decade 

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Lou's a class act, I dont blame him for retiring instead of faking a injury like the rest of the league. We traded him and we got his best years, don't retire his jersey but I think hes ring of honour material.   

Sure he's a class act... But Fake injury? He went on and off the IR countless times his last two years, he was clearly retiring because he was injured... 

"lingering hip issue. He was limited to 43 appearances last year after he played in 35 games the season before that and 40 matches in 2016-17. The 40-year-old netminder has been hit hard by injuries and he struggled mightily last campaign when he was in the lineup."

Anyways... Enough of me derailing this thread. Going to the game tonight, let's get that DUBYA! 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I feel bad for the Kings after they see what Bo becomes....

919797740_giphy(1).gif.65bda2e2c93a47f745783720e466ffb5.gif

Ah man if only we didn't live in a hypersensitive world - but we do and my internal filter is blocking what I really want to type.

6 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Ah man if only we didn't live in a hypersensitive world - but we do and my internal filter is blocking what I really want to type.

1977964712_giphy(1).gif.2186f1be205a43450599ac860215019f.gif

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, apollo said:

As his former #1 fan, I'll gladly say... Hard pass on Roberto Florida. 

This is the world's most iconic franchise and he clearly didn't respect the fans that cheered for him 30+ times a game for a decade. 

Show me one other instance in any sport that a guy got cheered for as much as our city cheered for Lui and I'll change my mind. 

He didn't care about us die hards and now I can't respect the man he's become. 

Sure he's a first ballot hall of famer in my books... But he didn't do it on his own... His success was because of our city and our Legends (Sedins, burr, juice, etc)

I don't think the franchise should ever honor him after hitting us with the 3mill x 3 cap hit. 

Bad hot take.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Squamfan said:

Image result for canucks 40th jerseys

Image result for canucks 40th jerseys

These should have been the new jersey, all we needed was a Blue Version and we would have a a top 5 jersey set in the league. The Orca sucks a**

I'm okay with the orca but stick in rink... These were the best one in my opinion.  I'm okay with the new version but this ones best!

• Upvote 1